Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Broken C250i operator panel + paper exit noise

Hi, this problem is really mysterious. I got a call about a squeaking noise for this bizhub C250i.At the end of January I had already replaced the fuser for this printer for this problem and I thought I had solved it. I did, however, update the firmware immediately after replacing the fuser (keep this in mind).

Today the problem seemed to come from the same spot but now I assume that the noise is coming from the paper exit unit. Here is the area where I think the noise is coming from:
    exit250i.jpg
    This noise is heard only after it has finished printing and the noise lasts for about 10-15 seconds. While printing or before, it doesn't seem to be there. I turned off the printer after my tests and turned it back on, here's what happened:
    IMG20210218163532.jpg
    The writing of the icons does not appear and there is a large colored strip. In that area, the touch did not work. I have turned it off and on many times, in addition to removing the power. At this point I try a Self Diagnostic and magic ... the colored stripe disappears! I then tried to rewrite the G00-E9 firmware (already present in the C250i) and the problem disappeared!The side squeak has also disappeared! I am not sure but something mysterious happened with the firmware rewrite.

Even the first time, after replacing the fuser, before trying it, I did the firmware update.

I don't know if it's all a coincidence. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Re: Broken C250i operator panel + paper exit noise

I had the problem of noise and change the exit unit boring trying to remove it

Hi, thanks for the tip. I believe there is no correlation between noise and display problem.
    Today I have the printer on and off. Again the display died. I don't understand why if I start with firmware it will work again but only until I turn off the printer again.

KM suggested that I replace CPUB but the replacement was not successful. I also unplugged all the wiring and reconnected. My doubt is that the problem is precisely the operator panel. As soon as I solve this problem, I will try to change the paper output unit as well.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi Bix

I told you the last time it comes from the exit drive... but of course everything ist possible. Had a lot of this squeeking machines...
    Open the side door and remove the small belt from the gear on the right side to test if the noise is gone, then you now it comes from the exit drive and it's 3 minutes test.

Sometime it comes from the passive rollers, sometime from the drive (bearings from belt and gears on the right side)

Yes, I will follow your advice as soon as the c250i comes back to life. But now the printer, without the display, is unusable.
    I have started the remote panel and also in the remote panel the display is shown zoomed.
    The CPUB did not solve and the STRB also has nothing to do with this problem. I plan to replace the BASEB.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Yes, I will follow your advice as soon as the c250i comes back to life. But now the printer, without the display, is unusable.
    I have started the remote panel and also in the remote panel the display is shown zoomed.
    The CPUB did not solve and the STRB also has nothing to do with this problem. I plan to replace the BASEB.

did you check conectors
    Attached Images Attached Images

I checked. I have now also replaced the BASEB but no success.
    I believe that at this point the operator panel is faulty but I do not understand why, even with the remote panel, the problem is present (zoomed screen)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bix check if panel can be calibrated. Other than that it looks like faulty panel to me.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Just yesterday in 2 BRAND NEW machines out of the box I changed fusing drive assemblies.

One was screaming every time the fuser was rotated at slow idle after printing or during warmup.

Cause - the brown sleeve the fusing drive coupling protrudes out of MUST be inserted dead straight into the chassis hole. If it's not it tilts to one side and then there is excessive friction on the fusing drive coupling.

Second brand new machine had a constant tick tick tick from the fusing drive assembly. One of the gears meshed directly with the fusing drive motor was obviously dropped at the factory and stepped on - it had 1 folded over tooth.
    Last edited by EarthKmTech; 02-20-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Just yesterday in 2 BRAND NEW machines out of the box I changed fusing drive assemblies.

One was screaming every time the fuser was rotated at slow idle after printing or during warmup.

Cause - the brown sleeve the fusing drive coupling protrudes out of MUST be inserted dead straight into the chassis hole. If it's not it tilts to one side and then there is excessive friction on the fusing drive coupling.

Second brand new machine had a constant tick tick tick from the fusing drive assembly. One of the gears meshed directly with the fusing drive motor was obviously dropped at the factory and stepped on - it had 1 folded over tooth.
    Tick tick tick... i know it... have already ordered a fusing drive assembly for monday.

@EarthKmTech how long does it take for exchange?
    (edit: sorry i saw your separat thread to late)