Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    AhmedChamumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    tanzania
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    11

    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Hellow,

    I have recently correctly installed bizhub C300i, it works perfectly on plain and up to 130 gram papers but when the user sets 200 - 240 gram papers they come out veeery faint with grain like voids, yet if you put the same printed paper back on bypass tray and print on the other side the image shows remarkable improvement, i have tried adjusting both primary and secondary transfer voltages up to no good, i have also tried interrupting the process in order to observe the image on the ITB surface it also seems to have the same faintness, also i further tried to change the power source(socket outlet) but still the problem persist...

    What should be my next move?

    Please note, the printer is in the premises located several hundred metres from the ocean and the place is high in humidity, could that be the contributing factor? If yes what would be an immediate counter measure?

    Best regards,

    Ahmed R. Chamumi.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    3,154
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    as a test, run 10 blank sheets then run the prints on the same 10 sheets immediately.
    if quality is good both sides the room has a humidity issue. if same issue its likely 2nd side voltage adjustment.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    AhmedChamumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    tanzania
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    as a test, run 10 blank sheets then run the prints on the same 10 sheets immediately.
    if quality is good both sides the room has a humidity issue. if same issue its likely 2nd side voltage adjustment.

    Thank you so much Synthohol for your immediate suggestion, i will carry out the test and get back with the results.

    Best regards,

    Ahmed R. Chamumi

  4. #4
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,077
    Rep Power
    344

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    That is classic symptoms for high humidity. If you have your hygrometer, I'd hope for 70F 25% humidity. I doubt that's what you'll see though.

    My suggestion is to construct one of Zootech's paper storage boxes. If I understand correctly, you start with a metal cabinet with doors that fit tightly. Install a 100W light bulb in the lower section. Store paper on the upper shelves. I'm not sure if it's necessary to drill any holes in the housing ... maybe Zootech will chime in? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    AhmedChamumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    tanzania
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    That is classic symptoms for high humidity. If you have your hygrometer, I'd hope for 70F 25% humidity. I doubt that's what you'll see though.

    My suggestion is to construct one of Zootech's paper storage boxes. If I understand correctly, you start with a metal cabinet with doors that fit tightly. Install a 100W light bulb in the lower section. Store paper on the upper shelves. I'm not sure if it's necessary to drill any holes in the housing ... maybe Zootech will chime in? =^..^=
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion, i will apply that and observe the out the outcome after checking the humidity readings, also i forgot to mention that there is another printer namely bizhub C454 in the same room which operates normally under the same afore mentioned conditions. that leaves me confused.

    Best regards,

    Ahmed R. Chamumi

  6. #6
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    ZOOTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Insane Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,267
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Ö
    My suggestion is to construct one of Zootech's paper storage boxes. If I understand correctly, you start with a metal cabinet with doors that fit tightly. Install a 100W light bulb in the lower section. Store paper on the upper shelves. I'm not sure if it's necessary to drill any holes in the housing ... maybe Zootech will chime in? =^..^=
    Damn, I would accept credit for this, except, I donít remember every suggesting such a de-humidifier. This does sound like a good idea, however, I would use a lower wattage bulb (40/60) and create some exhaust ports to prevent heat buildup.
    Thank you BC, but you may have to update your database.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    157

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Check inside service mode what are temp/humidity readings, compare with another bizhub. But at the end I'm afraid you will find older machine quality is better.
    Also try to post some samples here and ideally attach machine MML scanned.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  8. #8
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,077
    Rep Power
    344

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Check inside service mode what are temp/humidity readings, compare with another bizhub. But at the end I'm afraid you will find older machine quality is better.
    Also try to post some samples here and ideally attach machine MML scanned.
    The C454e has charge wires & grid, which output higher current to charge the drum. The C300i uses a charge roller (making physical contact) and using lower current. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    157

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The C454e has charge wires & grid, which output higher current to charge the drum. The C300i uses a charge roller (making physical contact) and using lower current. =^..^=
    Makes me smile.
    Fortunately we didn't selling those i-series A3 machines to color picky customers. Strictly office color they are. I would stop here because I'm kinda biased, one of the first C250i here sits in our office being nursed from base firmware to the latest plus tweaked numerous times in various ways by me.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  10. #10
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,077
    Rep Power
    344

    Re: FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Damn, I would accept credit for this, except, I donít remember every suggesting such a de-humidifier. This does sound like a good idea, however, I would use a lower wattage bulb (40/60) and create some exhaust ports to prevent heat buildup.
    Thank you BC, but you may have to update your database.
    Correction: Fixthecopier gets proper credit:
    Humidity?

    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here