Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: High Durability BK Drum DR315K

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Yes I do it with drum chips and developer chips. On the C360 range you could just short the pins out during the detection time. The C364 range they changed it so that it was not possible. So i started taking the TN512K toner chips and removed and reused the ICP(fuse) on there. Used the TN512K and turn them to TN321 to save money. TN512 cheaper than TN321 and you score the fuse.

So how will the machine know the difference between the high yield or the standard drum?
    It will know you're putting CMY drum in place of K and complain and vice versa right? So looks it's easy to make them different by storing different resistance in machine memory(firmware) for different drums(chips).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    It will know you're putting CMY drum in place of K and complain and vice versa right? So looks it's easy to make them different by storing different resistance in machine memory(firmware) for different drums(chips).

Hey yea never crossed my mind that it could use an analog value input to the MCU in question. Then it can for sure recognize a whole range of difference. Cleaver use of one resistor for drum set and identification. Actually 2 resistors to form voltage divider but the second resistor can be on the control board. Like a 5 button control for an older LCD or CRT monitor had only 2 or 3 wires going to it.

Button 1 could be 5V and 10 bit ADC value of 1023 and less by a tolerance.
    Button 2 could be 4V and 10bit ADC value of around 819 by a tolerance.
    And so on.

Found this helpful calculator.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    High Durability BK Drum DR315K

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Hey yea never crossed my mind that it could use an analog value input to the MCU in question. Then it can for sure recognize a whole range of difference. Cleaver use of one resistor for drum set and identification. Actually 2 resistors to form voltage divider but the second resistor can be on the control board. Like a 5 button control for an older LCD or CRT monitor had only 2 or 3 wires going to it.

Button 1 could be 5V and 10 bit ADC value of 1023 and less by a tolerance.
    Button 2 could be 4V and 10bit ADC value of around 819 by a tolerance.
    And so on.

Found this helpful calculator.
    Thanks, it all makes sense now.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk