Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Konica 650i & AU-205H Gen2

Hi. Recently had a Bizhub 650i & C3350i installed in the office. Just picked up a AU-205H Gen2. Have looked everywhere for the LDD's with no luck. Where can i find the Loadable Drivers for these 2 printers that match this reader?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica 650i & AU-205H Gen2

no straight answer.
    read this...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you have access to the KM site it's under authenticaition devices/au205H/KBW tab---The LDD is named AA2J0Y0-A031-G00-00 KeyboardEmu.ex

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

lol, i searched the machine not the 205h.
    found it and put it on my server.

sending PM to OP
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Not sure what I'm missing.
    I installed the ldd(Thanks Synthohol) and enabled Card in Billing.
    General Settings is not visible under User Auth/Account track/Authentication Device Settings. Only option is Logoff Settings.
    Authentication Device is one of the options under Authentication Method when logging in but nothing happens when you scan your card.
    The LDD i installed was AA2J0Y0-A031-G00-00_KeyboardEmu.exe
    Our card types at the office are HID prox style. Do I need AA2J0Y0-A015-G00-00_AU-205H.exe instead?

Printer - 650i
    Reader - AU-205H(5427CK)
    Card - HID Prox

Are you getting any kind of message that the card reader cannot be detected? Here's how I test..

Preface that the AU205H Gen2 is defaulted to KBW mode so you must use the associated KBW LDD, and it's not plug and play..you have to go in and configure it to read your card..there is a built in web page and drivers you can download from HID to connect and configure. There are many pre configured files that fit for many different cards..If your card has a security chip on it you may need some advanced assistance.

Admin/UserAuthentication_AccountTrack/User Authentication?authentication Type--set to On MFP
    Next is user authentication settings/register user- create a simple account like User 1 password 11, log out
    Swipe your badge. you should get a response of unknown user..If you are not getting a response from the reader you need to stop here and troubleshoot..If you are not getting a authenticaiton device communication error then your basic setup is off, wrong driver, billing mode setting incorrect.
    If you do get a response, go back into user authenticaiton settings, users and edit user 1..There should be a register card icon..you would touch this then place the card on the reader and it should associate to user 1.Log off and swipe badge..user 1 should login. E

No error messages when card is scanned. It just beeps and nothing happens.
    I preprogrammed the 5427 for KBW and settings to pull proper number from the card before connecting to the MFP. When i scan the cards on the reader connected to the computer it reads out the correct number of the card.

Undid all previous settings. As per your instruction
    AA2J0Y0-A031-G00-00_KeyBoardEMU LDD loaded. Billing/Auth Dev 2/ Auth mode (Card)/ Setting (Card)/Res Timeout (10msec)
    We use Active Directory for User Authentication so I set it for ON(MFP + external server).
    Created a user as your instructed. Swiped badge and all i get is a beep. Would using AA2J0Y0-A015-G00-00_AU-205H make any difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts drowranger's Avatar

Try this setting. This was for 4 series machines .
    Please try software switch from service mode
    - Set to ON with software switch No.135 of Hex:0x04. Otherwise MFP identifies the card reader as USB keyboard. Please confirm software switch is correctly set when USB NG icon is displayed.

Ahh you failed to mention AD in your previous messages..Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to import card reader data using PSDA 1st. This uploads a user list and associated card data..I still think you can register a card to the user you created, but it won't be an AD user. E
    How to import H10301.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Ahh you failed to mention AD in your previous messages..Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to import card reader data using PSDA 1st. This uploads a user list and associated card data..I still think you can register a card to the user you created, but it won't be an AD user. E
    How to import H10301.pdf
    if you enable user to assign their own IC card/biometric data in restrict user access the first time you swipe it if your card isnt already assigned in AD it will ask you to pair it by typing your AD credentials in and then re scan your card one more time.

you need to also make sure IT have delegate the necessary read write permissions for the account used to sync to AD (as i discovered recently after hours of head scratching)