Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Vinhedo, Sao Paulo
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Hi. How can I test that the tonner supply is working?

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,718
    Rep Power
    166

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Go in service mode and check TCR levels. Then do toner add in service mode and recheck TCR settings. Should be higher normally.
    Out of interest what problem/trouble you have?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Vinhedo, Sao Paulo
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Go in service mode and check TCR levels. Then do toner add in service mode and recheck TCR settings. Should be higher normally.
    Out of interest what problem/trouble you have?
    Hi, thanks for interest. The problem was flaws in the yellow. I changed the developer because it was above the count, for some time it worked but the problem came back in the same way.
    SKM_C25821030609061.jpg

  4. #4
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,460
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Savian View Post
    Hi, thanks for interest. The problem was flaws in the yellow. I changed the developer because it was above the count, for some time it worked but the problem came back in the same way.
    SKM_C25821030609061.jpg

    Ok so your yellow dev is too low again. By changing dev you mean only replace the dev powder? Or did you change the dev tank? So in this case i will change out the Dev tank with a new one but very important would be to replace the drum unit as well. Clean out the machine properly make sure the air ducts and filters are clear. Clean out the entire cavity by removing all the drums, devtank and the ITB.


    You can always move the drum to C or M.
    Whatever

  5. #5
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,746
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Ok so your yellow dev is too low again. By changing dev you mean only replace the dev powder? Or did you change the dev tank? So in this case i will change out the Dev tank with a new one but very important would be to replace the drum unit as well. Clean out the machine properly make sure the air ducts and filters are clear. Clean out the entire cavity by removing all the drums, devtank and the ITB.


    You can always move the drum to C or M.

    +1 on this. You don't have a toner supply issue you have a developer depletion issue. As allan said clean out the airduct & replace the filters. You will need to replace the dev unit again.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,718
    Rep Power
    166

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Savian View Post
    Hi, thanks for interest. The problem was flaws in the yellow. I changed the developer because it was above the count, for some time it worked but the problem came back in the same way.
    SKM_C25821030609061.jpg
    I have yet to see or hear C258 with over a 600k color counts. And then it would be close to dead corpse.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

    +1 on this. You don't have a toner supply issue you have a developer depletion issue. As allan said clean out the airduct & replace the filters. You will need to replace the dev unit again.

    There are no replaceable filters on the bizhub C258.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,746
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    There are no replaceable filters on the bizhub C258.
    Toner filter is on the C458 & above models.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Vinhedo, Sao Paulo
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Ok so your yellow dev is too low again. By changing dev you mean only replace the dev powder? Or did you change the dev tank? So in this case i will change out the Dev tank with a new one but very important would be to replace the drum unit as well. Clean out the machine properly make sure the air ducts and filters are clear. Clean out the entire cavity by removing all the drums, devtank and the ITB.


    You can always move the drum to C or M.
    I just replaced the dev powder and all the drums are new but I switched them for test.
    I tapped the tonner inlet, than solved the problem. Perhaps the tonner has become compacted at the outlet.
    Always the Yellow.

    Thanks again.

  10. #10
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    4,460
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Savian View Post
    I just replaced the dev powder and all the drums are new but I switched them for test.
    I tapped the tonner inlet, than solved the problem. Perhaps the tonner has become compacted at the outlet.
    Always the Yellow.

    Thanks again.
    Do i understand you correctly here. You pinched the tube and no tonner was getting to the dev tank? Ok so you are using 3de party developer. Does it come with a TCR chip? How has the 3de party stuff been working for you. Please post a pic of the packaging and the brand name.
    Whatever

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here