Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: 4/4e series paper size on tray

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Probably because most users use tray 1 more often.
    I have only 1 case and it happened because user do very much id card copy but they copy one side then put back paper to tray 1 and copy 2nd id card side
    Too much open-close tray will over time damage this wires.
    Then you can go and setup for their convenience copy settings for printing ID cards directly without this archaic paper rotation
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Maybe the cause that I guess:

The CD sensor holder is set on one screw with spring, can slide front and back a bit distance.
    But, the harness is installed so tight on the bracket, that yellow wires are easily to tear off.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    4/4e series paper size on tray

Quote Originally Posted by jwai View Post
    Maybe the cause that I guess:

The CD sensor holder is set on one screw with spring, can slide front and back a bit distance.
    But, the harness is installed so tight on the bracket, that yellow wires are easily to tear off.

Yes, exactly this. When installed at the factory there was not enough play in the cable plus the cable ties were too tight.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Then you can go and setup for their convenience copy settings for printing ID cards directly without this archaic paper rotation
    Few years ago i sold them C227 and take that C224e (count as few hundred $), soldered few broken wires of paper sensors and lease that machine, still going strong.
    Ofcourse i show them how to copy id card in proper way, without need to put paper back to tray for second side

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Few years ago i sold them C227 and take that C224e (count as few hundred $), soldered few broken wires of paper sensors and lease that machine, still going strong.
    Ofcourse i show them how to copy id card in proper way, without need to put paper back to tray for second side
    C224e over C227 all day long
    I'm guessing those clients are too stuborn to learn something new I have many of them and sometimes they really deserve what they have.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.