Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    4

    Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Hello everyone !

    I am sure you all must be safe and sound.

    Recently, there is a problem with our Konica Minolta C258. Here are the system and paper settings first:
    • 270 GSM art card
    • 12x18 inches
    • Bypass feed
    • Thick 4 setting
    • 1200 dpi print


    Now, nature of the problm:

    • Dis-colored band on the edge which is coming out first from the printer
    • Attached images for references


    Methods already tried:
    • Cleaned the machine inside out including rollers, Image Transfer Belt, Laser unit, lenses, inner rollers, by pass tray, fusing unit etc.
    • Changed the first transfer voltage for CMYK to -7 from -6 (we did -6 because when set at 0, there was shadow printing issue and -6 resolved it)
    • Initialised image stabilisation and gradation adjustment two times for both 600 dpi and 1200 dpi


    But, the problem still persists, if anyone can take a look and let us know what could be the issue.
    Thanks and regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Discolored band coming in print from C258

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,241
    Rep Power
    349

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    I'm thinking that looks like "flip". When feeding heavy media, the trail edge pulls away from the transfer belt, leaving some of the toner on the primary transfer belt. In most cases, the only solution is using lighter or more flexible media. How does it look on 220gsm or 250gsm? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    242
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Printout the halftones for CMYK value between 64 and 128. You will not notice this effect if you leave it on 255 (full tone). It looks like black component is missing. Check drums and developers visually. Try with another black drum DR313K. Seen this on PP machines.

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, California
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    Printout the halftones for CMYK value between 64 and 128. You will not notice this effect if you leave it on 255 (full tone). It looks like black component is missing. Check drums and developers visually. Try with another black drum DR313K. Seen this on PP machines.
    If it was a faulty drum I imaging you'd see it every few inches, and slightly offset every print. I think its more likely the thick stock

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    242
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    If it was a faulty drum I imaging you'd see it every few inches, and slightly offset every print. I think its more likely the thick stock
    Generally you're right, but..... an usual problem could be easily solved and never be posted here.
    This is rare, and drum is an easy thing to try.
    I couldn't be 100% sure, but this hapened to me before.
    I've had this problem on Canon iR 2018 too.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Flat Rock Michigan
    Posts
    805
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    Printout the halftones for CMYK value between 64 and 128. You will not notice this effect if you leave it on 255 (full tone). It looks like black component is missing. Check drums and developers visually. Try with another black drum DR313K. Seen this on PP machines.

    agree here, this is a drum or xfer belt. outside chance 2nd xfer roller.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    905
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    You need to panic stop the job after it begins to x fer to the media..This is the only way to tell where the issue lies..I can rule out "flip" from blackcat as this is not a lead or trail edge (12X18 would only travel short edge 1st). You need to look at the drums, x fer belt and x fer roller. 270 GSM is at the outside range and should only be used sparingly. This is not a production machine and no matter how you use it now, it will not perform the same way 250K copies fropm now. E

  8. #8
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Discolored band coming in print from C258

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,241
    Rep Power
    349

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    You need to panic stop the job after it begins to x fer to the media..This is the only way to tell where the issue lies..I can rule out "flip" from blackcat as this is not a lead or trail edge (12X18 would only travel short edge 1st). You need to look at the drums, x fer belt and x fer roller. 270 GSM is at the outside range and should only be used sparingly. This is not a production machine and no matter how you use it now, it will not perform the same way 250K copies fropm now. E
    I stand corrected. My presumption was that the original Arch B had been cut down. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'm thinking that looks like "flip". When feeding heavy media, the trail edge pulls away from the transfer belt, leaving some of the toner on the primary transfer belt. In most cases, the only solution is using lighter or more flexible media. How does it look on 220gsm or 250gsm? =^..^=
    Hi there,
    Yes, remarkably, with 270 GSM double coated media (more flexible as compared to the earlier media), there are no bands, but then after using it for 20-30 times, the problem again started coming.

    Thanks for the reply :-)

  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Discolored band coming in print from C258

    Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    Printout the halftones for CMYK value between 64 and 128. You will not notice this effect if you leave it on 255 (full tone). It looks like black component is missing. Check drums and developers visually. Try with another black drum DR313K. Seen this on PP machines.
    Hi there,
    Thanks for the reply.

    We tried this on full red, full orange, full blue sheets, and the bands are still forming, on semi grays, this is coming too. Since the machine is on contract, and the drum is at 95% as per the counter, so, we do not have an option of changing the drum as of now :-(

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here