Unhappy Fusing problem on C3070 repeated on different machines of same model.

Dear all,

I have expericed a weired problem on C3070 models, I do service for around 16 machines of this model in the market, 3 of which did the following problem, were the claws of the heater were inserterd in the bottom heater roller on 250gsm paper.

See attached pictures, please note that no Dipsw adjustment for the machines had been done nor any other timing adjustment. Basically they are on factory settings.

I have replaced the lower fuser roller and fusing belt, and advised to avoid this type of paper.

What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Fusing problem on C3070 repeated on different machines of same model.

Re: Fusing problem on C3070 repeated on different machines of same model.

I've had to address this on a C1060.

I'm going to assume that you're getting J31-02 or J32-02 jams.

The enduser was running 70# Text long grain (105gsm) Arch B. This particular media massively curled, especially since the temperature was set way too high. For this media, choosing 91-110gsm temperature setting, and tweaking the de-curl settings helped a lot. Additionally, each time I visit this customer they have changed the fuser exit roller pressure setting. When I ask why, they have no idea what I'm talking about. The exit pressure should be at the center (white triangle) setting for almost all media. If moved to the rear the exit pressure is set for light paper. If moved to the front the exit pressure is set for heavy media (no exit pressure at all).

Also check that there aren't any screws missing in the clear plastic inverter.

Also check that the lower claw metal holder isn't bent, allowing the claws to dig into the lower roller.
    =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 04-10-2021 at 10:53 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've had to address this on a C1060.

I'm going to assume that you're getting J31-02 or J32-02 jams.

The enduser was running 70# Text long grain (105gsm) Arch B. This particular media massively curled, especially since the temperature was set way too high. For this media, choosing 91-110gsm temperature setting, and tweaking the de-curl settings helped a lot. Additionally, each time I visit this customer they have changed the fuser exit roller pressure setting. When I ask why, they have no idea what I'm talking about. The exit pressure should be at the center (white triangle) setting for almost all media. If moved to the rear the exit pressure is set for light paper. If moved to the front the exit pressure is set for heavy media (no exit pressure at all).

Also check that there aren't any screws missing in the clear plastic inverter.

Also check that the lower claw metal holder isn't bent, allowing the claws to dig into the lower roller.
    =^..^=
    Thanks a lot, it makes a lot of sense, will check the plate and the pressure knob.

Sent from my ANE-TL00 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qaraman View Post
    Dear all,

I have expericed a weired problem on C3070 models, I do service for around 16 machines of this model in the market, 3 of which did the following problem, were the claws of the heater were inserterd in the bottom heater roller on 250gsm paper.

See attached pictures, please note that no Dipsw adjustment for the machines had been done nor any other timing adjustment. Basically they are on factory settings.

I have replaced the lower fuser roller and fusing belt, and advised to avoid this type of paper.

What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Replace all lower separator claws.
    They are slightly modified if I remember correctly.

Technician

Hi
    I can see from you're pictures that the guide plate that the lower fuser seps attach to is bent.
    I've had this problem before as well.