Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Dinosour BH-C-353 wants to scan to e-mail.

Customer has a BH-C-353, he wants to scan to e-mail with this old lady. I must set it up for him but recall that there where some issues in the past but I forgot what it was. Have to go there Tuesday but have no machine of this type anymore for testing the procedure. Is it the same as with the later model BH-C-360? Any tips please?

Thanks in advance.

Hans
    And yes, I know that its Dinosaur and not "Dinosour" but I cannot edit the title anymore......
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Dinosour BH-C-353 wants to scan to e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Customer has a BH-C-353, he wants to scan to e-mail with this old lady. I must set it up for him but recall that there where some issues in the past but I forgot what it was. Have to go there Tuesday but have no machine of this type anymore for testing the procedure. Is it the same as with the later model BH-C-360? Any tips please?

Thanks in advance.

Hans
    And yes, I know that its Dinosaur and not "Dinosour" but I cannot edit the title anymore......
    You will be limited on how you can scan to email on this old model due to it not supporting SSL & TLS etc.

Your best option would be scan to folder & you would need to use an old PC with Win 7 etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Last one my IT guy did he had to use an old computer (win XP or 7) to get it to work.

There are some other older models only option was FTP.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Scan to folder to Win 10 is with the old C-353 possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CP-1015 View Post
    Scan to folder to Win 10 is with the old C-353 possible.

Yes you can scan to Win 10 using SMB v1.0 however you would need to enable this as it was a security risk & disabled with a recent Windows update.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

To enable SMB 1 is no problem. Microsoft has solved security problem and use an own account only for scanning without administrator rights.

Thanks guys but the customer wants to == SCAN TO EMAIL == as mentioned in the original post
    All the other options are in this case not wanted, even my favorite scan to FTP is here not desired.

The customer want scan to e-mail because he has now another company sitting in the same office, both using the same MFP. Printing for one company is done thru TCP/IP and the other company prints thru the USB connection. But......, for scanning things must be more separated and they don't like Twain scanning thru USB - like me, so one scans the usual way Scan>FTP and the other wants to Scan>E-Mail as a way of keeping data separated.

Since they do not want a segmented network nor dual layer switches to separate networks (hope I express myself here clear enough, since this is a part of networking I'm not familiar with. Yet.) Scan>E-Mail was chosen and here comes my problem. I don't want to sit there on site endless testing and trying. I remember we had with this old C-353 problems to get Scan>E-mail working because of some weird setting, not the same as with the later generations. Hence my question how to set this up. Thanks

Hans

Thanks guys but the customer wants to == SCAN TO EMAIL == as mentioned in the original post
    All the other options are in this case not wanted, even my favorite scan to FTP is here not desired.

The customer want scan to e-mail because he has now another company sitting in the same office, both using the same MFP. Printing for one company is done thru TCP/IP and the other company prints thru the USB connection. But......, for scanning things must be more separated and they don't like Twain scanning thru USB - like me, so one scans the usual way Scan>FTP and the other wants to Scan>E-Mail as a way of keeping data separated.

Since they do not want a segmented network nor dual layer switches to separate networks (hope I express myself here clear enough, since this is a part of networking I'm not familiar with. Yet.) Scan>E-Mail was chosen and here comes my problem. I don't want to sit there on site endless testing and trying. I remember we had with this old C-353 problems to get Scan>E-mail working because of some weird setting, not the same as with the later generations. Hence my question how to set this up. Thanks

Hans

Yes we read your post re scan to email but offered SMB & FTP as an alternative solutions.

So, how do you wish to set up scan to email, what SMTP provider to you wish to use?

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes we read your post re scan to email but offered SMB & FTP as an alternative solutions.

So, how do you wish to set up scan to email, what SMTP provider to you wish to use?

A local provider, not this MS Office 356 or Google shit. SMTP server is known, that's not the problem. The problem seems to be that there are some adjustment or settings to be made exclusive to the KonicaMinolta BH-C-353.
    I have Scan>E-mail working with later generations but forgot how to do this for the BH-C-353.

Hans

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks in advance.

Hans
    Basically same as C360.