Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub 458

Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

Bizhub 458

Hi everyone. I have a customer with a Bizhub 458 with a LCT large capacity tray 3. Every time the machine feeds out of tray 3 we either get a wrong paper size error or jam 99-01. We ended up swapping the LCT but its still doing the same exact thing.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Im a Loser Baby!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 458

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    Hi everyone. I have a customer with a Bizhub 458 with a LCT large capacity tray 3. Every time the machine feeds out of tray 3 we either get a wrong paper size error or jam 99-01. We ended up swapping the LCT but its still doing the same exact thing.

Any help will be appreciated.
    This is from machine setup?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

There should be a paper size option for lct in service mode. Or sticky/dirty sensor perhaps.

This is a used machine at the customers office. Paper path is clean. Sensors have been checked.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Im a Loser Baby!!!

I checked the paper size option for the lct and it is correct.

Im a Loser Baby!!!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 458

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    I checked the paper size option for the lct and it is correct.

If this is the LCT that sits under the machine check the yellow paper separator guide and be sure it moves freely

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Be sure that the marketing area is set correctly, the size setting of the LCT is correct LT for US markets. Firmware and funtion version are up to date and softswitch 10 is set correctly. This is the basics..where does the paper stop when it jams, any unusual noise or grinding as the paper attempts to push into the main feed area? Can you get an internal test print (gui, config page ect) to print. How many copies on the system. I assume bypass tray works as well, and if you've replaced the LCT the issue must be confined to the area where paper moves fout of the LCT and into the main feed path. Any kicks on the lead edge? We have been troubleshooting this 9901 code since the e series..E

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    If this is the LCT that sits under the machine check the yellow paper separator guide and be sure it moves freely
    Can you describe what you mean by the yellow paper seperator.

Im a Loser Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Be sure that the marketing area is set correctly, the size setting of the LCT is correct LT for US markets. Firmware and funtion version are up to date and softswitch 10 is set correctly. This is the basics..where does the paper stop when it jams, any unusual noise or grinding as the paper attempts to push into the main feed area? Can you get an internal test print (gui, config page ect) to print. How many copies on the system. I assume bypass tray works as well, and if you've replaced the LCT the issue must be confined to the area where paper moves fout of the LCT and into the main feed path. Any kicks on the lead edge? We have been troubleshooting this 9901 code since the e series..E
    Firmware is up to date. The machine has 53k total on it. I'll check soft switch 10.

Im a Loser Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    The paper stops when it reaches tray 2. You hear the paper buckle just before this happens.

If I cheat the door it comes.out of the lct just fine but then obviously jam due to the door being open.

Im a Loser Baby!!!