Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Bizhub 364e - clicking/knocking noise at idle

Dig into the fuser and check if its as simple as a bearing. Those bearings can be bought from any bearing supplier.
    Is its something else that can be found in a kit? Get a kit and replace only the broken bit.

They are not that bad to rebuild. Better than replacing rollers on a KM B250. Take pictures before you strip too far.
    Whatever

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 364e - clicking/knocking noise at idle

there is an oil roller in the fuser that dries out especially being that old.
    try removing it (2 c clips) clean the black roller with scotchbrite and maybe it will take some strain away from the moving parts and a few drops of truflo in the bearings should be more than sufficient ive found.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

So I don't know jack about the insides of fusing units, but lack of knowledge never stopped me before... lol
    I pulled the fuser, and popped off a few of the covers, just enough to get a decent look at the rollers. They looked okay, as best as I can tell (not sure what a 'healthy' roller should look like), but I noticed a little of what I'll call debris on the rollers and falling out of the unit if I turned it over and gently shook. It almost looked like...ash? It was similar in size to very coarse black pepper, but more of a flaky shape, dark gray or black mostly, and sorta 'crunchy' in texture.
    I blew it all off with canned air and oiled the bearings as best as I could without tearing apart the assembly too far, since I had no confidence of getting it back in place tonight. Besides, these appear to be sealed bearings, no?
    Anyway, I put everything back together, and it's definitely much quieter. I still hear the knocking noise now and then, but it's easy to ignore for now.
    I think I'll keep an eye out for a decent rebuild kit and try my hand on that one of these days. If I could identify just the bearings, I'd be happy to try just those, but without an actual part number or bearing spec, I'd have to tear the whole thing apart, and at that point I might as well rebuild the unit if the machine will be down waiting for parts anyway.
    If anyone finds a reputable kit for the Bizhub 364e (not C364e, I've made that mistake before), I'd appreciate a link. I'm coming up goose eggs on my searches.
    Thanks for the help guys. As always, I'd be totally lost in this machine without your expert guidance!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

From what you described, your bearing is fallin apart. That's where the dust comes from. In my cases the front one was allways the problem. That were the fusers between 400-500k so never bother to replace the bearing itselt.
    Fresh new unit solved the problem.

Replace the bearing or whole unit before the dust makes damage to ITB or drums.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    there is an oil roller in the fuser that dries out especially being that old.
    try removing it (2 c clips) clean the black roller with scotchbrite and maybe it will take some strain away from the moving parts and a few drops of truflo in the bearings should be more than sufficient ive found.
    The 364e doesn't use an oil roller. The faster machines, 554/654/754 all use the oil / cleaning roller setup. You are correct when these fusers make noise it is always the oil / cleaning roller bushings. Also by the time these make noise the cleaning or oil roller shafts are also worn along with bearings and need to replace the rollers as well. (aftermarket available)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    So I don't know jack about the insides of fusing units, but lack of knowledge never stopped me before... lol
    I pulled the fuser, and popped off a few of the covers, just enough to get a decent look at the rollers. They looked okay, as best as I can tell (not sure what a 'healthy' roller should look like), but I noticed a little of what I'll call debris on the rollers and falling out of the unit if I turned it over and gently shook. It almost looked like...ash? It was similar in size to very coarse black pepper, but more of a flaky shape, dark gray or black mostly, and sorta 'crunchy' in texture.
    I blew it all off with canned air and oiled the bearings as best as I could without tearing apart the assembly too far, since I had no confidence of getting it back in place tonight. Besides, these appear to be sealed bearings, no?
    Anyway, I put everything back together, and it's definitely much quieter. I still hear the knocking noise now and then, but it's easy to ignore for now.
    I think I'll keep an eye out for a decent rebuild kit and try my hand on that one of these days. If I could identify just the bearings, I'd be happy to try just those, but without an actual part number or bearing spec, I'd have to tear the whole thing apart, and at that point I might as well rebuild the unit if the machine will be down waiting for parts anyway.
    If anyone finds a reputable kit for the Bizhub 364e (not C364e, I've made that mistake before), I'd appreciate a link. I'm coming up goose eggs on my searches.
    Thanks for the help guys. As always, I'd be totally lost in this machine without your expert guidance!
    Again all the parts to rebuild fuser are on Copylite website. Just use the "C"364 fuser parts.

With under 300k you can get by with the bearings. Like I posted previously you do not need to disassemble the whole fuser to replace bearings. If you let the bearings go they will continue to eat away at the roller shafts then you will have to disassemble and replace the rollers. ANY good tech should be able to replace the bearings in under 30 mins. 2 black side covers and metal plates to access the bearings.

By the way fusers make that noise either from high page count but more often from age. Don't forget that fuser is constantly moving to prevent flat spots at idle until it goes to sleep.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    From what you described, your bearing is fallin apart. That's where the dust comes from. In my cases the front one was allways the problem. That were the fusers between 400-500k so never bother to replace the bearing itselt.
    That makes sense, except that my fuser is less than half life by clicks. It also feels pretty smooth when manually rotated, but I don't know if it's something I'd feel or not.
    I'd love to try replacing just the bearings first, if I could confirm which ones I need to order.
    Anyone know how to find out without tearing apart the whole fuser assembly? Pretty please?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Again all the parts to rebuild fuser are on Copylite website. Just use the "C"364 fuser parts.
    Ah, so the "C" parts are the same? That, I can do!
    Appears to be this bearing, right?
    Huh, now I see the 364e included in the list of compatible models, cool.
    I wonder why it didn't show up when I searched before. Oh well.

EDIT: So it looks like I'm not going to be able to register at Copylite, since I'm just a freelance tech, not an actual dealer. Does anyone know another place I can find those bearings? I've looked round online for the 688Z bearings, but I'm not seeing the ones with the notched flange.

EDIT2: I did find these on Amazon, but I'm not sure if the flange dimensions are correct, or if the fact that they don't have the notch is critical. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Elmojo; 04-14-2021 at 12:54 PM. Reason: stuff

Awesome!
    So the 'belt pressure roller' you mention, is that what they call the lower roller on most sites? I could look that up in the SM, but I'm FAR too lazy for all that.
    I'm checking Copylite, and I don't see my exact model, but would it be this one maybe?

This is the belt pressure roller: Copylite - Aftermarket, Compatible, and OEM Copier Supplies and Products

Also I've seen the LFR shafts wear. The LFR also uses the same bearings.

Just showing you what the belt pressure roller look likes. Like I posted you should only need the bearings

Ah, so the "C" parts are the same? That, I can do!
    Appears to be this bearing, right?
    Huh, now I see the 364e included in the list of compatible models, cool.
    I wonder why it didn't show up when I searched before. Oh well.

EDIT: So it looks like I'm not going to be able to register at Copylite, since I'm just a freelance tech, not an actual dealer. Does anyone know another place I can find those bearings? I've looked round online for the 688Z bearings, but I'm not seeing the ones with the notched flange.
    Yes they are the correct bearings. Not sure why copylite doesn't show the same parts for the B&W models. They are same "exact" fusers!
    Yes as long as you are a business with a business name you can buy from copylite. If you have any issues PM me. I will put you in touch with my copylite rep.

I would get 4 bearing, replace the 2 belt pressure roller bearings & 2 LFR bearings while you have it apart. The noise will be gone for good!