Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 364e - clicking/knocking noise at idle

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    Aren't these sealed bearings? How would you re-lube them?
    For loud knocking noises it's usually not a lack of lubrication within the bearing but between the contact surface of the bearings inner ring and the pressure/heating-roller it sits on. Materials expands/shrings during heat up + cool down phases causing the materials to slip a little and that can cause sounds like that in case there's not sufficiant lubrication.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 364e - clicking/knocking noise at idle

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    For loud knocking noises...
    I wouldn't say it's all that loud. If I don't have any music on, and my server is shut down, I can hear it fairly easily across the office. Otherwise, I have to really be listening for it.
    It's a cross between a tick and a knock, in terms of sound profile.
    I'm pretty sure the others are correct, and I just need to bite the $20 bullet an buy a set of bearings from copyman. I'm just cheap, and it bugs me that I should be able to buy these locally, if I could just find them.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I wouldn't say it's all that loud. If I don't have any music on, and my server is shut down, I can hear it fairly easily across the office. Otherwise, I have to really be listening for it.
    I'm pretty sure the others are correct, and I just need to bite the $20 bullet an buy a set of bearings from copyman. I'm just cheap, and it bugs me that I should be able to buy these locally, if I could just find them.
    5 pages and you still wandering
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    5 pages and you still wandering
    To be fair, most of these 5 pages aren't me.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Many of the posts are mine trying to convince someone how to save $500 for a new fuser. I've done everything I can except put the bearings in myself. Not sure how I ended up wasting this much time on one thread. Oh well this is where it ends for me. I won't even open this thread again. When a thread is dead it's dead!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Whoa there Tex!
    I'm very appreciative of your help, and I'm intending to take you up on your kind offer of a set of bearings, I just have other things on my plate at the moment that are more urgent than fixing this copier.
    I'm sorry the thread has run so long, but I only wanted to fully understand the issue (which took about 2 pages) and exhaust local/online options for obtaining the bearings (which took maybe 4 comments?) before I jumping into the solution. I would have felt awful silly if I had bought a set of bearings from you or Copylite or wherever, and then the next day someone said "you know they sell those at Lowes, right?". Just trying to be diligent.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I'd also swap the bearing because you'll have to remove them anyways for lubricating the pressure roller axis. Haven't bought any for km but these are usually some generic stuff so not really hard to get. If you take a close look you'll probably notice some engraving on the bearing the rest is up to google^^

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

FYI.. A00V240600 is the KM part number for the bearings