Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BizHub 363 C-C164 error

BizHub 363 C-C164 error

I had a non functioning BizHub 363 that needed a MFP board, so I thought I found one online from a 423 that might work.

I removed and replaced the MFP and now I have a BizHub 363 that boots up but with a C-C164 error.

I put it on our network and i used the web app to access it and the menu indicates the pcb is from a BizHub 223! Bummer.

I probably need firmware for a 363 to make it functional again, but seems like KM has it all that locked down unless you are a dealer or one of their preferred customers.

I hate to beg, but can someone help me out... I would most appreciate it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Re: BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Quote Originally Posted by darichmiester View Post
    I had a non functioning BizHub 363 that needed a MFP board, so I thought I found one online from a 423 that might work.

I removed and replaced the MFP and now I have a BizHub 363 that boots up but with a C-C164 error.

I put it on our network and i used the web app to access it and the menu indicates the pcb is from a BizHub 223! Bummer.

I probably need firmware for a 363 to make it functional again, but seems like KM has it all that locked down unless you are a dealer or one of their preferred customers.

I hate to beg, but can someone help me out... I would most appreciate it.
    what happens when you put the old board back in?

for a small contribution to CTN i'm sure someone can help you out with firmware.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/v....php?do=donate

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what happens when you put the old board back in?

for a small contribution to CTN i'm sure someone can help you out with firmware.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/v....php?do=donate
    Phil looks like he is already a contributor.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Phil looks like he is already a contributor.
    he wasn't when i suggested it brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    he wasn't when i suggested it brother.
    Understand. I will look through my files tomorrow.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Not sure why some techs here keep telling people to contribute to this website. Or dangle firmware in front of them to get them to contribute. I use to do this same thing but after several times contacting the ONE and ONLY moderator and NEVER getting a reply that was it. Game over! Now if I can help someone I do it for free and will never mention contribute.

BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Not sure why some techs here keep telling people to contribute to this website. Or dangle firmware in front of them to get them to contribute. I use to do this same thing but after several times contacting the ONE and ONLY moderator and NEVER getting a reply that was it. Game over! Now if I can help someone I do it for free and will never mention contribute.
    there are no moderators... only 1 admin... he has a family and a full time job he doesn't come in everyday... sometimes not even every week..

How did you contact Aneurysm?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Sounds reasonable but I have a question for you. How did this site rises money to be up and running nonstop for techs like us? There are always two sides of the coin.
    Sure it looks frustrating as hell to me when lack of moderation hits tech forums but it pays hundred times when I get or offer help from/to other members.
    Please let others decide what way they have here and stay in your course there's nothing wrong both roads .

BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Sounds reasonable but I have a question for you. How did this site rises money to be up and running nonstop for techs like us? There are always two sides of the coin.
    Sure it looks frustrating as hell to me when lack of moderation hits tech forums but it pays hundred times when I get or offer help from/to other members.
    Please let others decide what way they have here and stay in your course there's nothing wrong both roads .
    +1

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    BizHub 363 C-C164 error

The machine type has to be changed for the new machine
    Boot to a firmware stick and change the machine and type.
    GQ7-D1 firmware might help but i assume you didnt swap the SSDs right?
    Last edited by Synthohol; 04-21-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.