Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait"

Re: Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait"

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    i wouldnt stress about drivers. u can ahppily have those loaded even without the device connected it wont matter.

id say the error codes from missing authentication/card reader is the reason it wont allow u in admin mode. i suspect admin mode access is a side effect. you really need to disable the AU device. id bet once thats disabled your troubles will be over
    Exactly right, but having trouble finding the option to disable it in service mode and admin mode is not available. Going to try the reset tool.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

To me it sounds like a CAC/PIV device, as that's the only time you would see a type 3 card. You need to find the CAC/PIV setup instructions and reverse them, certain soft switch settings keep you from making any changes by design..If you bought this used I would demand that the wholesaler fix this for you at no charge. E

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    To me it sounds like a CAC/PIV device, as that's the only time you would see a type 3 card. You need to find the CAC/PIV setup instructions and reverse them, certain soft switch settings keep you from making any changes by design..If you bought this used I would demand that the wholesaler fix this for you at no charge. E
    Yes, probably the AU-201 was installed. I will try to Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00 as per tsbservice, if that does not work I will try the reset tool.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

If User auth and ID and print is used make sure it authenticates on the machine only. There is an option to select an external server. Make sure its set to authenticate on devise only.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Ok, turns out Emujo probably has the right idea.......... a type 3 card means this machine probably had at one time the Konica AU-211P CAC/PIV Reader. but does not now.

Great, I have no experience with the setup/install or how to uninstall the PKI card systems. I suspect uninstallation will not be easy.............

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Ok, turns out Emujo probably has the right idea.......... a type 3 card means this machine probably had at one time the Konica AU-211P CAC/PIV Reader. but does not now.

Great, I have no experience with the setup/install or how to uninstall the PKI card systems. I suspect uninstallation will not be easy.............
    Did you try this?

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Did you try this?
    Yes I did , my friend. That indeed got rid of the C-180 error code but still have the no external server available/registered and the screen displays the buttons:

Authentication Device________________________
    ID & PW __________________Access Basic Screen

So, even though that switch 12 advice did help there are probably a lot more install steps to reverse to get it back to normal. I see you emailed me the AU-211p install guide which I already had but .... that was very considerate of you. I thank you and appreciate the effort you made.

The pki/cac setup uses windows active directory and a bunch of other settings which I think are configured using pagescope.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

CAC/PIV reversal is not supposed to be easy. This is so no one can bypass it to print/scan copy in a DOD (mostly) environment. Once you get the soft switches where they are supposed to be (and I realize the install guide only says what you are supposed to set the switches to, not what they were before), your next step should be to do a complete data clear, and if I'm not mistaken the C284e series had special CAC/PIV firmware so this must be removed as well. This particular situation has been on this site many many times..it almost always comes back to "I bought this from a wholesaler". In many cases they only look at the copy count before they go on the pile and leave it up to you to work out the kinks. You are lucky they didn't change the CE and admin passwords..you would have a better anchor than a MFP. E

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    ... I see you emailed me the AU-211p install guide .
    Wait a minute ... ughh You mean I send you wrong file. I wanted to send you CAC/PIV install but was in rush this morning
    Let see if I can power on remotely my work PC...

There is another switch 41 in CAC/PIV guide bring it to 00000000.