Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait"

Which FW version do you have on that machine?
    I would try to Initialize all after returning soft switches. Basically when you install/uninstall normal card reader you do steps in reverse.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait"

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Which FW version do you have on that machine?
    I would try to Initialize all after returning soft switches. Basically when you install/uninstall normal card reader you do steps in reverse.
    Running the latest FW. Will try returning the soft sw 41 to 00 as you suggest. Emujo is correct, in the search for super low meter units those DOD machines are the ones at the wholesaler with low meters and the issue. And, for security reasons they do indeed make it complicated to uninstall.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Running the latest FW. Will try returning the soft sw 41 to 00 as you suggest. Emujo is correct, in the search for super low meter units those DOD machines are the ones at the wholesaler with low meters and the issue. And, for security reasons they do indeed make it complicated to uninstall.
    Search One stop solutions for CAC/PIV you may find some clues there...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait"

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Wait a minute ... ughh You mean I send you wrong file. I wanted to send you CAC/PIV install but was in rush this morning
    Let see if I can power on remotely my work PC...

There is another switch 41 in CAC/PIV guide bring it to 00000000.
    Ok, thanks again for all the replies guys. Closing out this thread, what finally worked was:

Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00 got us part way there------got rid of the error code at startup

Don't waste time with the reset tool......machine will restore all the installed piv/cac settings from the SSD after the reset and you are then right back where you started with that error.

So, what did work was setting soft switch 12 to Hex 00, then connecting a laptop via network cable to the copier. All of the rest of the stuff we needed to disable was available under admin mode using the pagescope web connection. Then copier booted normally again. Then we just did our normal basic used machine prep procedure prior to purchasing the low meter copier.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 04-30-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com