Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 4e woes

  1. #1
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    185

    4e woes

    Had one machine stuck on 2 pillars, fans and lights are working but can't boot. It will restart itself after about 10 minutes sitting. Well tried to remove-finisher, ADF, dual scan board, HDD, tried FW, trouble reset, tried re-seating SSD and memory module. Nothing. So inevitably I need new SSDB...but KM said there is no new in their warehouse.
    Any ideas? I know that probably fitting SSD from another machine won't work but has anyone tried it and have any clues?
    Doing a favour for a friend...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Erie,PA
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: 4e woes

    Sounds like everything else. Ordered parts this morning and all but one are back ordered! Try to get a TB for a C4050i. Don't know when we will get one of those. I think a lot of the parts were on the Evergreen in the Suez???

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: 4e woes

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Sounds like everything else. Ordered parts this morning and all but one are back ordered! Try to get a TB for a C4050i. Don't know when we will get one of those. I think a lot of the parts were on the Evergreen in the Suez???
    I really don't see what that has to contribute here. We all read news, heard stories and experience lack of goods. Back off dude.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,011
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: 4e woes

    I think he is only commenting on your issue getting parts..The e series is still supported and SSD boards should be available. We are having issues with main boards on these as well, batteries are going dead and of course SSD says put a new board in..These are impossible to find as well..Fusers, paper feed rollers, WTB, production toner, everything has been affected by these shipping disasters..Not too mention, whwn they finally get to a US port they wait for weeks to offload the cargo due to covid restrictions

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: 4e woes

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I think he is only commenting on your issue getting parts..The e series is still supported and SSD boards should be available. We are having issues with main boards on these as well, batteries are going dead and of course SSD says put a new board in..These are impossible to find as well..Fusers, paper feed rollers, WTB, production toner, everything has been affected by these shipping disasters..Not too mention, whwn they finally get to a US port they wait for weeks to offload the cargo due to covid restrictions
    Sure if I wanted to rant against consumables/parts/machines shortages I will put thread in proper forum(read non technical) and wait for your answers guys.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Erie,PA
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: 4e woes

    WOW sorry dude!! Just stating that it is hard to get parts...

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4e woes

    tulintron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
    Posts
    422
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: 4e woes

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Had one machine stuck on 2 pillars, fans and lights are working but can't boot. It will restart itself after about 10 minutes sitting. Well tried to remove-finisher, ADF, dual scan board, HDD, tried FW, trouble reset, tried re-seating SSD and memory module. Nothing. So inevitably I need new SSDB...but KM said there is no new in their warehouse.
    Any ideas? I know that probably fitting SSD from another machine won't work but has anyone tried it and have any clues?
    Doing a favour for a friend...
    The SSD stores PRCB data and backup.

    Check SSD in Self Diagnostic.


    Disable HDD and format SSD to physical.


    On the other printer, back up the PRCB in [Service Mode]> [Enhanced Security]> [Engine Data Backup].


    Remove the original SSD and install the "defective" SSD.


    Perform the replacement according to the service manual.
    Nothing like day after day

  8. #8
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: 4e woes

    Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    The SSD stores PRCB data and backup.

    Check SSD in Self Diagnostic.


    Disable HDD and format SSD to physical.


    On the other printer, back up the PRCB in [Service Mode]> [Enhanced Security]> [Engine Data Backup].


    Remove the original SSD and install the "defective" SSD.

    Perform the replacement according to the service manual.

    Unfortunately I can't get into service mode to perform anything in troubled machine.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    4e woes

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    3,306
    Rep Power
    115

    Re: 4e woes

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Unfortunately I can't get into service mode to perform anything in troubled machine.
    did you try to get to service mode doing a trouble reset?
    will it go in TR mode holding panel reset while powering up?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    4e woes


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: 4e woes

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Unfortunately I can't get into service mode to perform anything in troubled machine.
    Leave service port cover open with no USB drive in it. Tape open. Turn machine on and wait awhile (up to 10 mins), I've been lucky a few times with machines boot up that way so I could get into service mode to format hdd, load firmware, etc etc. That service port door actuates a sensor when closed and why it has to stay open during whole process. Hope it works for you. good luck

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here