Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: BizHub C3110 in need of some slim Fast 6K worth of Toner in 259 pages???

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Not 100% sure on those. Can it be set to black priority calibration instead of normal or colour? Like you can on later model. If so will save some toner on calibration cycle.
    Rubbish. Imo Konica Minolta never ever had good A4 color machines nor monochrome. C3110 isn't making any exception.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    BizHub C3110 in need of some slim Fast 6K worth of Toner in 259 pages???

This is an old model now. Part life is based on time AND print/copy count.

Single or short run prints/copies uses more toner etc than a longer run. (all this toner goes into the waste box)

To put in perspective say you bought a brand new car and only drive it to church a mile on Sunday, after a year it would prompt you it is due a service even with a few miles on the clock.

Plus you have most likely never updated the firmware there are/were loads of bug fixes resolved by updating the firmware.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Not 100% sure on those. Can it be set to black priority calibration instead of normal or colour? Like you can on later model. If so will save some toner on calibration cycle.
    sounds like something they would bury in a soft switch somewhere Thanks For the Tip ...willl

Technician

Thumbs up Re: BizHub C3110 in need of some slim Fast 6K worth of Toner in 259 pages???

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Phil, this is a KM C3100 desktop printer...FYI..are you using aftermarket toner? Stick a magnetized screw driver into the waste box, see if you get developer. If so, you may have a power supply problem (bais, cleaning) any problem here can really pull toner. E
    I only use true blue KM Toners and IU / these are the factory install that came with it new

I did not know the dev powder was ferrous that's a great tip only one problem I already got rid of the filled waste bin but I will start checking for that.. hope I don't get black fuzzy Right

Thanks Will

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This is old model so being not used at ALL and just sitting on the shelf maybe 7-8 years I easily could imagine your imaging units and toners are all gone in therms of time not print counters. Unfortunately Ed is probably right and soon low image quality due to lack of developer is to be expected.
    I am not really sure has a MFG Of March 2018 and I got them on 4-30-2018 so about a month from china/japan to New Jersey then to Texas I got all 6 of them on one skid

I am going to test with the mag tipped screw driver in the waste box as soon as there is something in there would like to know what goes bad in the developer over time

Print quality is still spot on...

Thanks for the input ...

Technician

Cool Re: BizHub C3110 in need of some slim Fast 6K worth of Toner in 259 pages???

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Rubbish. Imo Konica Minolta never ever had good A4 color machines nor monochrome. C3110 isn't making any exception.
    Great I have the wrong printer and the wrong car all tdi here

Technician

Thumbs up Re: BizHub C3110 in need of some slim Fast 6K worth of Toner in 259 pages???

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This is an old model now. Part life is based on time AND print/copy count.

Single or short run prints/copies uses more toner etc than a longer run. (all this toner goes into the waste box)

To put in perspective say you bought a brand new car and only drive it to church a mile on Sunday, after a year it would prompt you it is due a service even with a few miles on the clock.

Plus you have most likely never updated the firmware there are/were loads of bug fixes resolved by updating the firmware.

What is not old yesterday? she has March 2018 Mfg Date....
    I agree whole heartedly on the single shot wastes toner and would not have ever brought it up if I had gotten 3K pages on 6k toner boxes
    well at least with the car I would be within a half mile from GOD maybe he could help with this
    You posted on the firmware post I made which I did get installed and working she was already up to Gen 3 do you have a list ? better yet a list of all the soft switches ??
    Thanks for your input

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Me_vs_C3110 View Post
    What is not old yesterday? she has March 2018 Mfg Date....
    I agree whole heartedly on the single shot wastes toner and would not have ever brought it up if I had gotten 3K pages on 6k toner boxes
    well at least with the car I would be within a half mile from GOD maybe he could help with this
    You posted on the firmware post I made which I did get installed and working she was already up to Gen 3 do you have a list ? better yet a list of all the soft switches ??
    Thanks for your input

I'm not 100% sure but this printer may have come with "starter" toners. They have a fraction of the yield of a full toner

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

None of the Konica Minolta A4's for me get close to their yields.