Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

DR314K vs DR313K

Anyone have experience using 8 series K drum(DR313K) in 8e series machines(DR314K).
    I know Konica say to not use DR313K instead of DR314K.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: DR314K vs DR313K

It would require some work and modification/parts swapping because there are several differences "built-wise" like different lenght of the waste toner exit thingy, charge plate, etc. It's probably easier to rebuilt the DR314 with stripped parts from the DR313.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

The 8 series will fit the 8e with no mech problem. It will however not last as long. Maybe 50 to 70% life. The 8e does not work in 8 series

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    The 8 series will fit the 8e with no mech problem. It will however not last as long. Maybe 50 to 70% life. The 8e does not work in 8 series
    Thanks Woxner that is what I was asking for as 8 series drum is half the price 8e.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DR314K vs DR313K

At the same time, I have 313k estimated life at 150k and 314k life at 270k. Close enough to 50% rated, if the 313k works in a 8e might be easier to just carry those and replace them twice as often on the very few 8e machines I have

quick edit: But I was also curious about this from a call last week, didn't want to risk ruining a 313k testing it out though

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

The 8 series will fit the 8e with no mech problem.
    Exactly, since I've done it on accident the first time I needed to replace a failed drum on a 308e. I grabbed the 8 series drum I had and it worked fine. It went into a machine that's in an extremely dirty environment and has lasted much longer than the original correct 8e drum did, so far anyway.
    Last edited by srvctec; 05-06-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.