Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Looking to pay someone to fix a copier for me

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    You could put the setting in your own email client of choice.

What I'm after is if you setup the client with matching settings to copier, if U try does it work on PC? And if not do you get a bounce back email?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    @rrrohan, To answer your earlier question that I missed, NO there is no bounceback or error message in the inbox.
    This email is used EXCLUSIVELY for scanning to email, so it was easy to tell that the inbox was empty LOL.

I went ahead and set up the email on a mail client as a pop account, to emulate what is setup in the Bizhub. It did not work, erroring out on inbound authentication. I called Godaddy and got a different inbound email server address to use (outlook.office365.com). That worked on my on prem outlook software, and the account completed setup in Outlook, and I was able to send and receive a test message in outlook. I have changed that setting in the Scanner in the slim hopes it will fix me sending lost email problem. I am not onsite, so I have to wait for staff to get in tomorrow morning to test it. I will let you know what happens.
    Thanks again for sharing your wisdom with me!!!
    JW

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Looking to pay someone to fix a copier for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jwulf1092 View Post
    @rrrohan, To answer your earlier question that I missed, NO there is no bounceback or error message in the inbox.
    This email is used EXCLUSIVELY for scanning to email, so it was easy to tell that the inbox was empty LOL.

I went ahead and set up the email on a mail client as a pop account, to emulate what is setup in the Bizhub. It did not work, erroring out on inbound authentication. I called Godaddy and got a different inbound email server address to use (outlook.office365.com). That worked on my on prem outlook software, and the account completed setup in Outlook, and I was able to send and receive a test message in outlook. I have changed that setting in the Scanner in the slim hopes it will fix me sending lost email problem. I am not onsite, so I have to wait for staff to get in tomorrow morning to test it. I will let you know what happens.
    JW
    scan to email problems use to be easy. just used ISP mail server port 25 and let it authenticate off the fact its originating from the customers WAN IP

this days with encryption even doing a port capture u often dont get any info

I find HP/Samsung do a much better job at testing email. the fact KM still dont have a test button for any scan method has always been a let down.

Last Samsung copier that had email problems it printed a nice report explaining the issue. KM gives server connection errors or login error and a lot of the time this is very misleading

add ontop that some mail clients like gmail will block everything until you toggle on a option (less secure apps) and had you not know this the errors the copier gives would of helped you zero.

i dont know how techs troubleshoot pre dating google/CTN

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    scan to email problems use to be easy. just used ISP mail server port 25 and let it authenticate off the fact its originating from the customers WAN IP

this days with encryption even doing a port capture u often dont get any info

I find HP/Samsung do a much better job at testing email. the fact KM still dont have a test button for any scan method has always been a let down.

Last Samsung copier that had email problems it printed a nice report explaining the issue. KM gives server connection errors or login error and a lot of the time this is very misleading

add ontop that some mail clients like gmail will block everything until you toggle on a option (less secure apps) and had you not know this the errors the copier gives would of helped you zero.

i dont know how techs troubleshoot pre dating google/CTN
    I completely agree on KM useless error description. 99% it's server connection error or auth/login error.
    Or error codes descriptions are total jokes.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Lightbulb Re: Looking to pay someone to fix a copier for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jwulf1092 View Post

JW
    @rrrohan, it seems changing the inbound server to the correct address has done the trick.
    Thanks tons for your wisdom and help!!!