Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician

Re: C3320i and fan noise, even in sleep mode

For the first time I found menu arrangements worse than my Nikon Z6. lol

Anyway the strange thing is this machine can't go on silent mode by itself, I need to force long press to power button. So uncommon ...

And in this case the printer can't print but manual press on button to wake up.

real mess

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olivenoire View Post

I just have to admit menus and / or submenus are a bit weird and not very clear or logic. But not impossible to understand .
    And power setting are weird to. How the hell it is possible to put "power setting" under "maintenance and Timer setting". So strange!!
    Power settings are in System settings, from there you can change the time machine enters Low Power Mode and Sleep mode (available range: [2] to [60] minutes).

• [Utility]
      • [Utility]
        • [System Settings]
          • [Power Settings]
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3320i and fan noise, even in sleep mode

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Power settings are in System settings, from there you can change the time machine enters Low Power Mode and Sleep mode (available range: [2] to [60] minutes).

• [Utility]
      • [Utility]
        • [System Settings]
          • [Power Settings]

this cat is an end user... he shouldn't be playing in admin mode.. nor any mode IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    this cat is an end user... he shouldn't be playing in admin mode.. nor any mode IMHO
    Yes I know Phil. By default these settings are restricted to the users by Administrator.
    Imho these days so much settings can be scr..d by users, admin or even a tech. Those machines are getting more and more sophisticated, many functions are binded with other etc.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Technician

• [Utility]
      • [Utility]
        • [System Settings]
          • [Power Settings]

Thank for information.
    The real problem is this printer makes it's fan constantly on. Low power or sleep mode do not change anything. Need Service mode, not even Admin mode. So strange.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Sorry English is not my mother tongue.

You are right, but I'm not only end user but owner too.
    I'm okay with you, I should not play with service mode.

But to make the printer Silent in sleep mode, it is mandatory. Even Admin does not offer this. Not normal IMHO.
    Timer does not help go the printer in silent mode.
    Also I have to use admin mode to configure SMTP, scan to mail etc

About service mode :
    there is nothing too complex. I mean, I will never change the mother board or other important parts. I will not reset counter nor change serial number.
    I will not do something I do not understand after carefully read the service manual.

What I think for what I need in Admin mode :
    Nothing too complex but strange menus structure. Probably with time, it will be easier.

About eco / sleep:
    Obvisously this a weak feature at Minolta. Not easy to setup a silent mode and in "deep sleep" the only to turn off the fan, the printer will no longer receive data from network. I mean if not in deep sleep mode + SW 37 on, the consumption is 9W and FM1 + FM2 on. In my case, the real problem is ir is too noisy in a little office.

To summarize : c3320i (and maybe others KM) got a real problem of conception. They should be silent by default.

PS : At least I've learn lot of thing. My next copier will be a Ricoh Probably a C300.

Quote Originally Posted by olivenoire View Post
    PS : At least I've learn lot of thing. My next copier will be a Ricoh Probably a C300.
    This time you did wrong selection. With small A4 color AIO MFPs you need to go with Ricoh not KM.
    A3 color models are different story in this segment KM sometimes even excels Ricoh and other brands.

Technician

This time you did wrong selection. With small A4 color AIO MFPs you need to go with Ricoh not KM.
    A3 color models are different story in this segment KM sometimes even excels Ricoh and other brands.
    In fact my first choice was Ricoh. Already work with them, great copier in my mind.
    But the reseller does not offer me to sell without a contrat, which I do not want. So I decide to black list this seller.
    Xerox is a no go.
    Other brand, don't know.

As a result I go KM (c3320i get a really small foot print). I have no regret except this little "noise" problem.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C3320i and fan noise, even in sleep mode

One last thing before I drop this: There is a reason to have fans that run constantly. The power supply, and often the fuser are generating heat constantly, and the heat must be dispersed or the MFP will overheat. Silent mode shuts down the print engine, but the power supply is still generating heat always. The noise "problem" is, in my mind, the normal operation of the device.

If the printer is so close to you that the "noise" is unbearable, maybe the printer should be located somewhere else.
    Ok, I'm done. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes it is true this series 3320i/3350i/4050i have a noisy fan for the cpu. I asked KM if there was a solution, but there wasn't one.