Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Technician

[Solved] Re: C3320i and fan noise, even in sleep mode

Just to inform

The problem is solved. Not a software issue but some kind of hardware issue or by design or I don't know.
    A tiny but loud fan and a sensor too sensible. Resulting a fan runs like crazy even if printer is in deep sleep state.

Technical knows the problem, Konica Minolta knows the problem too but does not consider EU end users voice.

in fact, technical need to send some kind of mother board to KM. KM send a modified motherboard and charge technical about 200€ with a ≠ sensor and a ≠ fan.

Really big kudos for the technical, I should contact him at the first day. My bad.

The technical confirm I'm not alone and In EU lot of people complain about this problem in a quiet environnement.

Hope I will now enjoy my printer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C3320i and fan noise, even in sleep mode

Hi there,do you have an official document from Konica Minolta where it says the exchange, or how do you know?Kind regards

Technician

Ain't got any document.
    I had the possibility to discuss with the technical (I'm a one person tiny company, that's help).

What I can say is I when I called the technical, he understood directly the problem.
    As a result 2 weeks later he booked an intervention, changed this motherboard and now everything is fine.

He said to me the problem is 100% known, KM does not admit the problem. Maybe US printers are ok, don't know

he already done more than 30 copier when the printer is in a quiet environnement.
    In other case, customers does not complain when environnement is louder

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

There is new PWB Assembly(BASEB) which should solve fan noise in sleep and power save mode(fan is OFF).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

I need to investigate and try again. At first try fan was never stopped and turns days and night. (9W consumption).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    There is new PWB Assembly(BASEB) which should solve fan noise in sleep and power save mode(fan is OFF).
    Kind of an expensive soulution

We just installed a brand new C4050i among plenty other C450i at a hughe customers. That little bugger has been placed at the directors office and guess who complains about noise issues now

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Kind of an expensive soulution

We just installed a brand new C4050i among plenty other C450i at a hughe customers. That little bugger has been placed at the directors office and guess who complains about noise issues now
    Another disapointing decision from KM to change whole board for 2 resistors they wrongly calculated. You can try to warrant new board but I guess they will deny it FOC.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Another disapointing decision from KM to change whole board for 2 resistors they wrongly calculated. You can try to warrant new board but I guess they will deny it FOC.
    Thanks - Can you share the bulletin? If I check that WEB-BSwhatever parts guide there is a bulletin for the CPU board but it doesn't include that information, it only says:

To improving the reliability the display on "Panel Assy", the elements on "PWB Assembly(PWB-CPU ASSY)" have been changed.
    Due to this, the part number of "PWB Assembly(PWB-CPU ASSY)" has been changed. [Figure 1]
    Edit: Found it, it's the base board