Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Bizhub C300i - Freezes during use

Hey guys.

First off,
    This forum has helped me tons over the years so a big thanks goes out to everyone for that!

I've run into an issue on a C300i. Read up on all the threads about freezing/boot issues on these models and they all, in some way, relate to the storage board. (STRGB)
    This client's machine boots up as normal runs okay until a job is processed. User releases the job/sends a scan and a few seconds after using the panel, the device freezes to the point where switching off the power doesn't clear anything. Only way to restart device is by yanking the power cord.

I've also noticed that im unable to enter SM the normal way as device freezes just after entering. What works is to perform all SM functions when entering SM from the trouble reset screen.
    On our side of the world these issues hasn't really reared its head. So not much info to go with.

To date I've :
    Upped F/W to E9 - no change
    Ran 9 series diagnostics&recovery tool - results OK but no change
    Factory reset the machine - no change
    Format storage (physical) - hangs at 88% for 2 hours
    Format storage (logical) - no change
    Disabled marketplace - no change
    Hdd - low power/sleep settings - no change

What im planning on doing next is to externally format STRGB.

Device is 1 of 3 at this client, well under a year old, roughly 80k on the clock and only this 1 presents these symptoms.
    Any further advice would be appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C300i - Freezes during use

Quote Originally Posted by Rad01 View Post
    Hey guys.

First off,
    This forum has helped me tons over the years so a big thanks goes out to everyone for that!

I've run into an issue on a C300i. Read up on all the threads about freezing/boot issues on these models and they all, in some way, relate to the storage board. (STRGB)
    This client's machine boots up as normal runs okay until a job is processed. User releases the job/sends a scan and a few seconds after using the panel, the device freezes to the point where switching off the power doesn't clear anything. Only way to restart device is by yanking the power cord.

I've also noticed that im unable to enter SM the normal way as device freezes just after entering. What works is to perform all SM functions when entering SM from the trouble reset screen.
    On our side of the world these issues hasn't really reared its head. So not much info to go with.

To date I've :
    Upped F/W to E9 - no change
    Ran 9 series diagnostics&recovery tool - results OK but no change
    Factory reset the machine - no change
    Format storage (physical) - hangs at 88% for 2 hours
    Format storage (logical) - no change
    Disabled marketplace - no change
    Hdd - low power/sleep settings - no change

What im planning on doing next is to externally format STRGB.

Device is 1 of 3 at this client, well under a year old, roughly 80k on the clock and only this 1 presents these symptoms.
    Any further advice would be appreciated.
    Hello, I was wandering if you ever figured this out? I have one doing same exact thing. I have storage bd. On order. Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizhub1 View Post
    Hello, I was wandering if you ever figured this out? I have one doing saStorageme exact thing. I have storage bd. On order. Thanks
    Replace storage board(SSD). They put not exactly top notch inside.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Thank you

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bizhub1 View Post
    Thank you

I have put a SDCARD in as a temp solution when there has been a storage board issue if I don't have a spare storage board in order to the machine back up. You have to change the storage in service mode to SD Card

Then have been able to flash FW and remove SD and put storage board back in and flash the FW again.

Have also had the CPU board be the issue as well.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trscolin View Post
    I have put a SDCARD in as a temp solution when there has been a storage board issue if I don't have a spare storage board in order to the machine back up. You have to change the storage in service mode to SD Card

Then have been able to flash FW and remove SD and put storage board back in and flash the FW again.

Hi trscolin cool trick Thanks! Do you know will it work if machine is stuck at 25/50% boot screen and You're unable to enter service mode?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

There's a storage board controller firmware needed for some units to prevent this problem and avoid SB damage (pretty expensive, little fucker...).

If thge storage controller shows version AA2J0Y0-6501-G01-07 you should update.

Reviving a faulty SB with an external NVME adapter (reformating) wasn't possible so far in the few cases we tried.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

True they put cheap drives in, but the real culprit is the ssd controller. upgrade fw to j9 or k8 and update the boot file at the same time to install a new ssd controller architecture.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi trscolin cool trick Thanks! Do you know will it work if machine is stuck at 25/50% boot screen and You're unable to enter service mode?
    There is a recovery tool for this issue.

Diagnosis and recovery tool for bootup issue..pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trscolin View Post

Hey! I'm going through threads after my 4th or 5th storage board issue. Are you saying you saved a dead/issued storage board by temporarily putting a microSD in, flashing FW, putting the same storage board in, reflash firmware?
    If so, did that bring back configs for scanning? That might be a huge time saver. I've replaced several storage boards following the SM and protech instructions and recover data never did a thing