Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    BH-C-280, copying by using the ADF comes in color but scans are mono. Huh?

Is there any setting, perhaps not known by me, that causes scans made through the ADF are coming in mono but if the customer scans directly from the platen to the same target they are in color? Copies made by the ADF are also in color as expected.

So it seems that by using the ADF for scans it does not do "Autocolor" and scans are made B&W but putting the original directly on the platen it uses "Autocolor" and scans are in color.

Not sure if the customer played himself with the settings or if there is something else wrong - such as my old brain not understanding this old machine anymore ?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: BH-C-280, copying by using the ADF comes in color but scans are mono. Huh?

Easiest way is checking the scan settings prior to pushing start.
    It's a dinosaur but in user mode look at scan settings and look for default setting (factory default) if it set to current setting there is some modification locked in.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Easiest way is checking the scan settings prior to pushing start.
    It's a dinosaur but in user mode look at scan settings and look for default setting (factory default) if it set to current setting there is some modification locked in.
    Agree perhaps they have setup two different shortcuts with predetermined settings one from ADF obviously bind to gray scale and another from platten set to full color.

Side note: as much as today machine is complex MFP with hundreds of functions and thousands settings it's nothing but black box who someone defaulted and programed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Is there any setting, perhaps not known by me, that causes scans made through the ADF are coming in mono but if the customer scans directly from the platen to the same target they are in color? Copies made by the ADF are also in color as expected.

So it seems that by using the ADF for scans it does not do "Autocolor" and scans are made B&W but putting the original directly on the platen it uses "Autocolor" and scans are in color.

Not sure if the customer played himself with the settings or if there is something else wrong - such as my old brain not understanding this old machine anymore ?

Hans
    Don't scan to their programmed destination.
    Instead use USB and choose desired settings.

There shouldn't be separate scan setting for ADF because you can merge originals from glass and ADF into one document with an option "separate scan".

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Try this direction: Perhaps there's some color ink on the glass, auto detecting a color original?

Just yesterday I had a Kyocera auto detecting color on all scans through the DP. There was a nice wide smear of yellow highlighter ink on the slit glass. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=