Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C654e trouble.

Question C654e trouble.

Hi guys.

A costumer of mine got a C654e from a seller as is. Its on 41K b/w and 8K color clicks.Found the ADF original tray ripped out and harnesses with many broken wires there was also evidence that the machine was tilted, the dev was all on one side of the tanks.

The condition of the IU's does not correspond to the engine use and guess they were changed out with older IU's at some time. Looks the same for the K drum unit but dev looks good there .

Removed the tray and wiring. Disabled the ADF first but got C9103 on start-up then disabled the scanner as well. Machine started and came to ready, printing internal and external prints as normal. Wanted to check the CMYK halftones and do gradation.

Stabilize works and completes but if I try and print the gradation sheets or the half tones the start button goes from blue to red the engine starts to run but other than that nothing happens.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C654e trouble.

Re: C654e trouble.

I'm guessing this machine was dropped.

What errors do you see on the management list? That's a good place to start.

I hope it was cheap, because the expensive part is coming. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Good point about MML list I'm kinda addicted to study this plus you test machine a little for paper jams
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C654e trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Hi guys.

A costumer of mine got a C654e from a seller as is. Its on 41K b/w and 8K color clicks.Found the ADF original tray ripped out and harnesses with many broken wires there was also evidence that the machine was tilted, the dev was all on one side of the tanks.

The condition of the IU's does not correspond to the engine use and guess they were changed out with older IU's at some time. Looks the same for the K drum unit but dev looks good there .

Removed the tray and wiring. Disabled the ADF first but got C9103 on start-up then disabled the scanner as well. Machine started and came to ready, printing internal and external prints as normal. Wanted to check the CMYK halftones and do gradation.

Stabilize works and completes but if I try and print the gradation sheets or the half tones the start button goes from blue to red the engine starts to run but other than that nothing happens.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Agree with the others... sound like a charge repair to me! sock 'em good allan!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Will take the time to do that fore sure the next time i get there. Most of my time today was spent on cleaning and inspecting the units before having to leave for a contract call. The color IU's are not in the same condition and range from ok to bad. fuser and ITBU looks fair but the transfer roller does not match the same good condition of the belt. Could not see solid evidence of the machine taking a drop but it was manhandled during transport with no doubt.

Told him that he got a lemon and that it would hurt to get it up to scratch. He got it machine and finisher for about $1500. There is some hope.

He
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Stabilizer completes with no problem. Know that if some AC bias stetting gets changed stabilizer does not work but will print half tones if i remember correctly. Going to check that thread link out quick thanks.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Will look for special tray setting on tray1 and check the default color mode. Never did try and print a management list. The MML should have the same issue if its a paper size/type problem. Remember it did show A4 LEF on tray1 but did not notice a special type icon.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Agree with the others... sound like a charge repair to me! sock 'em good allan!
    He has been a very loyal cash costumer of mine. Charged him at a better rate than most other customers.
    Just wish I could be present when he picks the boxes up from across provincial lines.
    Whatever

Should be good machine not a lemon I hope. The engine is solid unlike the newer ones. Plus if there's one capable to resurrect the Phoenix you're likely candidate. But yes having donor machine will be tremendous advantage.

Anyone having good luck with rebuilding these IU's? Had mixed outcomes rebuilding the K drum units and refilling the K dev tanks.
    Whatever