Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Bizhub c353 stuck no trouble code

I have a c353 acting up, it just started booting up with only the message "turn the main switch off and on"

The life meters for everything are at most juat over 1/2 full, I've tried clearing trouble code on reboot, tried initializing doing a data clear, even swapped out to a new hard drive but nothing seems to get it to get passed the message. It won't print test pages from the service menu, the hard drive is marked installed. If i activate the jpeg option it will produce a valid error code for that missing module on restart (as it doesnt have that or a fax module installed). Once corrected though it goes back to the same message with no trouble code.

I'm a bit stumped, I've run memory tests and swapped out dimms so ram doesnt appear to be the issue. The machine was working about a month ago and has just been stationary and unplugged.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Bizhub c353 stuck no trouble code

There should be an error code in service mode upper right corner.
    Open front cover or right side door and try power on, if error message appears?
    Try powering ON with utility button pressed. It go directly to service mode and try to take test print.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stealthgeek View Post
    I have a c353 acting up, it just started booting up with only the message "turn the main switch off and on"

The life meters for everything are at most juat over 1/2 full, I've tried clearing trouble code on reboot, tried initializing doing a data clear, even swapped out to a new hard drive but nothing seems to get it to get passed the message. It won't print test pages from the service menu, the hard drive is marked installed. If i activate the jpeg option it will produce a valid error code for that missing module on restart (as it doesnt have that or a fax module installed). Once corrected though it goes back to the same message with no trouble code.

I'm a bit stumped, I've run memory tests and swapped out dimms so ram doesnt appear to be the issue. The machine was working about a month ago and has just been stationary and unplugged.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    If there is no error code try updating the firmware it could be this has become corrupted that's why the machine wants you to restart all the time.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Sorry not working much on that model now a days.
    Can't remember if this model but if one of the consumables is over life and messages turned off machine will lock out without any codes, etc.
    Again not sure if over life consumable would have message to turn off and on.

Like other poster suggested start machine with Firmware installed and do upgrade.