Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica Minolta Marketplace with a c458

Gentlemen
    I don't know a darn thing about it. I have a customer that wants to scan to google drive from the copier. What I've gleaned so far is go to the marketplace have the customer purchase the app for $99.00 Some kind of token is issued. Once marketplace in enabled on the copier is the app installed from the copier panel or through the computer using the MarketPlace installer? Is this app worth $99.00? Are there any alternatives?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta Marketplace with a c458

Once Marketplace is installed, you download and install the apps from the copier panel. You can usually run a trial version of the app to see if it's worth the money. As an alternative, you can install Google Drive's Backup and Sync software to your customer's computer and simply set up a SMB scan folder within the primary sync folder and the file will automatically upload to his/hers Google Drive account.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    Once Marketplace is installed, you download and install the apps from the copier panel. You can usually run a trial version of the app to see if it's worth the money. As an alternative, you can install Google Drive's Backup and Sync software to your customer's computer and simply set up a SMB scan folder within the primary sync folder and the file will automatically upload to his/hers Google Drive account.
    thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adecanmin View Post
    thanks
    This is way more efficient than using the market place app. Theres a big difference in process speed (Start scan to finish) as theres less buttons straight to SMB and just having drive sync.

JC

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adecanmin View Post
    Gentlemen
    I don't know a darn thing about it. I have a customer that wants to scan to google drive from the copier. What I've gleaned so far is go to the marketplace have the customer purchase the app for $99.00 Some kind of token is issued. Once marketplace in enabled on the copier is the app installed from the copier panel or through the computer using the MarketPlace installer? Is this app worth $99.00? Are there any alternatives?
    A much easier & cheaper way is to install Google drive on the clients PC then simply sent up SMB to scan to the google drive folder it will then sync with the cloud & upload the scanned files.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm starting to see that. I would like to get the demo working for my own knowledge. There is one stumbling block. The demo is installed in marketplace. I have to log into google from the copier. It says could not sign you in. This browser or app may not be secure. Do I have to create a self signed certificate?