Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz C224e misfeed

Re: Biz C224e misfeed

Just my preference, emery cloth works best out of everything I've tried.

What ever is used the most important thing is to "sand" in direction of shaft length not "around" the shaft. You want to rough up shaft so pin bearings inside clutch grab shaft. If you sand "around" the shaft it could actually help bearings to slip.
    Last edited by copyman; 07-12-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Just my preference, emery cloth works best out of everything I've tried.

What ever is used the most important thing is to "sand" in direction of shaft length not "around" the shaft. You want to rough up shaft so pin bearings inside clutch grab shaft. If you sand "around" the shaft it could actually help bearings to slip.
    That's exactly the opposite of what we've found. Since the shafts all come from the factory with micro grooves in them from the machining process, we sand around the shaft to put it back to factory like condition. We tried sanding along the shaft with the logic you have but found that it caused a ridiculous amount of jams and when sanding back to like the factory, the issue was solved.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Biz C224e misfeed

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    That's exactly the opposite of what we've found. Since the shafts all come from the factory with micro grooves in them from the machining process, we sand around the shaft to put it back to factory like condition. We tried sanding along the shaft with the logic you have but found that it caused a ridiculous amount of jams and when sanding back to like the factory, the issue was solved.
    Sanding along the shaft was what they teach at Konica Minolta factory training school. Appreciate the advice but have to keep doing what has been working for me. Been doing it for many years and never had an issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Biz C224e misfeed

Random thought.... Probably a helical pattern (in the right direction) is the most appropriate.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Sanding along the shaft was what they teach at Konica Minolta factory training school. Appreciate the advice but have to keep doing what has been working for me. Been doing it for many years and never had an issue.
    I'm KonicaMinolta factory trained on a crapload of machines and have never seen it taught that way in class, to sand along the shaft.

BTW, I wasn't giving advice but just stating what works for us and has for decades which is the way we'll continue to do it. We don't have to agree, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Random thought.... Probably a helical pattern (in the right direction) is the most appropriate.
    Probably so!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Biz C224e misfeed

I'm KonicaMinolta factory trained on a crapload of machines and have never seen it taught that way in class, to sand along the shaft.

BTW, I wasn't giving advice but just stating what works for us and has for decades which is the way we'll continue to do it. We don't have to agree, you know.

Probably so!
    I agree it's ok not to agree
    Will keep in mind if way I've been doing it ever doesn't work. Options are always good to have.

Only thing techs can do on this forum is post what works for them. Most techs have their way of doing things. So if a few different methods of doing something is posted it's up to the reader to try them and see what works best for them. Either way I think it's a valuable tool for fellow techs!