Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Black lines ONLY on Color prints C368. FIXED but still curious about symptoms.

Re: Black lines ONLY on Color prints C368. FIXED but still curious about symptoms.

Interesting that you guys have had issues with dirty lasers?? I've never had one out in the 8 series, even in dirty environments... huh?
    OC

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Black lines ONLY on Color prints C368. FIXED but still curious about symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    Faded print yes, but vertical lines NO.
    Could be PH unit control board.

Had these sypmtoms on 308e.
    They were very strange. Every day until noon machine produced black vertical lines. Image was zoomed in sub direction. In the afternoon prints were OK.
    After 10 day there were only bad prints all day long.

That was KM machine under lease, so they replaced it with a new one.

My guess was PH unit control board but never had a chance to try that solution.
    Once this machine started doing it (only on color), it never stopped the black lines until I removed the P/H and cleaned the polygon mirrors, so I'm hoping that was the issue and not P/H board. Time will tell.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

To remove the PH unit, you must first remove power supply board and small board on the bottom with two flat cables. That's a PH unit control board.

So, you probably "solve" the problem by dissconnecting and connectin flat cables into it.

No dirt can cause the vertical lines. Dirt in PH unit can only cause faint images. This is an electrical issue.
    This PH control board is cheap, better hope it is the cause rather than MFP board.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I have had those lines twice. First time machine was close to 2 million counter so we swapped machine. Second one I did swap board prior whole PH unit that didn't work. At the end I leave original machine's board and swap PH unit with another used(but good) one PH unit that fixed it.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Our dealership is primarily Toshiba, but also Kyocera, Konica Minolta, Lexmark, Kip, HP, Canon iPF, and others. The majority of dirty lasers I've seen are Toshiba & HP, but only because they made up the largest proportion of the machines. It's more about the environment than about the make.

image.jpgimage.jpg

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Nice to join in now and again.
    No amount of cleaning helped me - but a spare Poly Motor cleared it...

S28C-6e21071211500.pdf

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    To remove the PH unit, you must first remove power supply board and small board on the bottom with two flat cables. That's a PH unit control board.

So, you probably "solve" the problem by dissconnecting and connectin flat cables into it.

No dirt can cause the vertical lines. Dirt in PH unit can only cause faint images. This is an electrical issue.
    This PH control board is cheap, better hope it is the cause rather than MFP board.
    Well, that explains it if it's electrical. All I know is it needed the polygon mirrors cleaned and after I put it all back together, it worked and still is working. So, yes, might have been re-securing the cables that fixed the lines issue.

BTW, this machine has 579K on it.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm still in the dark ages here.
    Are the PH serviceable now on the 8 series?
    Or are you just doing it cause you know how to?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

No, it should not be opened according to the service instructions,
    but if the problem can be solved only by cleaning the poligon mirrors, why not try,
    Write unit is not very cheap so worth trying.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    No, it should not be opened according to the service instructions,
    but if the problem can be solved only by cleaning the poligon mirrors, why not try,
    Write unit is not very cheap so worth trying.
    I have done it before, but you guys are talking like it is normal shit