Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Biz C224e - Muratec version?

Re: Biz C224e - Muratec version?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Ok, so I swapped out the toner holder so the Muratec will now accept K/M toners. It's going to a customer with 5 other C224e's and wants to use all Kon/MinTN321 toners.

Few other questions:

Can I use Kon/Min Firmware to update the Muratec?

Is there a way to have machine show Kon/Min instead of Muratec on web page, etc. NOT trying to deceive anyone! Trying to avoid confusion for the IT people at one of my biggest accounts!

It already printed with Kon/Min driver on my server so nothing special there.

Thanks for any help.
    Firmware is the same.. I've often wondered what software switch would make the machine show bizhub upon start up as opposed to muratec.. (you used to be able to change the copystar and kyocera start up screens). Btw.. You will still have problems with the drums unless you modify the developer unit or change the blue cap before installing the drum

You can always load your company logo on the copier so that it shows your logo on all the copiers them you don't have to worry about any of that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

As for FW I have no problems using KM 8 series firmware in Develop(another KM subbrand) machines. But I don't have Develop analog for C224e in the field to test.
    Regarding other question I'm going to PM you later.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Firmware is the same.. I've often wondered what software switch would make the machine show bizhub upon start up as opposed to muratec.. (you used to be able to change the copystar and kyocera start up screens). Btw.. You will still have problems with the drums unless you modify the developer unit or change the blue cap before installing the drum

You can always load your company logo on the copier so that it shows your logo on all the copiers them you don't have to worry about any of that

Boot screen is nice but I doubt IT blocks will ever bother watching machine startup. I combine it with setup wallpaper for customers it's way more impressive to have prescribed picture in background. Like Windows desktop I like to keep machine main screen clear from not needed buttons.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    As for FW I have no problems using KM 8 series firmware in Develop(another KM subbrand) machines. But I don't have Develop analog for C224e in the field to test.
    Regarding other question I'm going to PM you later.
    Thanks!

just break the little fin off the toner to make it fit. Takes 5 seconds. I have done it several times
    can't ask the customer the cut the fin. it took a little more time but as I mentioned I used the toner holder from a C224. Swapped front cover to a C224e. Firmware & dip switch change worked and machine now thinks it's a C224.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You can also change the hostname to: KonMin224 or whatever you like.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Just wanted to update. The Muratec version can totally be converted to the BizHub model. I swapped out the toner holder & front cover from a parts C224e. Updated firmware and changed Dip switch. The machine now thinks it's a Kon/Min. Still have to change the boot screen but that should be it. Probably put the customers logo on it.

Still going to put a small label inside front cover and on rear side near Muratec serial # label, stating "This machine has been converted from Muratec to Kon/Min BizHub". Not so much for my customer who knows about conversion but more for a tech working on it in the future.

Thanks again everyone and hope this helps someone else.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    can't ask the customer the cut the fin. it took a little more time but as I mentioned I used the toner holder from a C224. Swapped front cover to a C224e. Firmware & dip switch change worked and machine now thinks it's a C224.
    I cut the fin off before delivery. I don't ask the customer to do it

I cut the fin off before delivery. I don't ask the customer to do it

Figured that's what you meant. I should of been more clear just didn't want to have to cut ribs on 10 or 20 toners at a time. If it was at regular customer getting one two toners a year no big deal I would cut the fins. Like I posted they have 5 machines at this one location, this will be the sixth using all the same toner. They order a lot of toner. They love the C224's and when I couldn't find a decent low meter C224 I went for the Muratec. The rest is history.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Firmware is the same.. I've often wondered what software switch would make the machine show bizhub upon start up as opposed to muratec..
    im guessing when mfpb is installed and firmware is loaded for first time it will be something to do with the option you set in Machine Type.