Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Bizhub C3350 vertical lines in the center of the printed page

Quote Originally Posted by copiray View Post
    By the color of the stripes and the distance between them, I would say that it is a problem with the transfer belt, check manually
    Last time i made some pictures of the belt, is anything visible in these pictures? I can see some scratches but can not judge if they might be causing these vertical lines.
    belt.jpgbelt2.jpgbelt3.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C3350 vertical lines in the center of the printed page

The color of the marks indicates primary transfer cleaning. Note the color of the streaks:
    C:6
    M:3
    Y:0
    K:23

primary transfer cleaning.jpg

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kombo2 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, i should have mentioned that i have replaced the black imaging unit just a couple of weeks ago because of another issue (that was fixed by the replacement), so i hope it is not the imaging unit again.
    The lines seem to vary in width, so my guess is the Trans Belt not getting cleaned properly. Remove and check to see if something is caught in the cleaning blade / unit. Clean it out if there is, and you might solve your issue with no parts. If the belt is near life, probably best to just replace it anyway as the problem would most likely return.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Post Re: Bizhub C3350 vertical lines in the center of the printed page

Quote Originally Posted by kombo2 View Post
    On some prints there are grey or black vertical lines (see scan), does anyone know what might cause this problem?
    Attachment 49702

Good day
    Estimated according to your scan it is visualized that these marks are from the leading edge of the paper and it is very likely that it is your black imaging unit.
    I recommend you take the halftone test at 128 for each color so that you can see the most accurate error.
    Lucky.

Technician

[QUOTE = kombo2; 1832912] La última vez que hice algunas fotos del cinturón, ¿hay algo visible en estas fotos? Puedo ver algunos rasguños, pero no puedo juzgar si pueden estar causando estas líneas verticales.
    belt.jpgbelt2.jpgbelt3.jpg[/CITA]
    If the problem is in the transfer belt, it will be in the cleaning blade, check if it has accumulation of dirt in the area where the paper stains, the use of poor quality paper produces a lot of paper dust that ends up on the cleaning blade , the band seems to be fine

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

When I've had those lines from the transfer belt many time I was able to replace just the trans belt cleaning blade (aftermarket) instead of expensive transfer belt. Especially when trans belt is no where near end of life. Unlike most of Kon/Min belts that can last 2-3 cycles these crap out early instead of reaching consumable expire count.

Technician

Sorry for the late reply, i just now got to have a closer look at the transfer belt. The culprit seems to be the tranfser belt cleaning, as many of you have already suspected. Reasons are:
    1. I have printed some test documents with multiple color areas, and after that printed a document with mostly text on it. On that document the vertical lines are very clearly visible and as blackcat4866 pointed out (from a very bad quality picture), the lines are not onyl black but black, yellow and magenta. So it seems that it is not one imaging unit, but some part that affects all colors.
      vertical stripes 2 klein.jpg
    2. A photo of the transfer belt immediately after this print shows yellow (and other) toner residue stripes on the transfer belt in the center, but no visible residue in the outer areas. So it seems the belt surface has been cleaned, but after the cleaning there is still toner residue in the center. That looks indeed like the transfer belt cleaning is not working correctly.
      vertical stripes transfer belt klein.jpg

Do you have any suggestions where (located in Germany) i can get one or two cleaning blades, what the part number for C3350 is or where i can search for that? Is there any manual on how to replace the cleaning blade?

Technician

Does really noone have an idea where i can find a replacement cleaning blade?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Not sure how many different ways you need to be told it's the transfer belt. Anyway I suggested the cleaning blade and may have been wrong. The aftermarket blades are sold for the C35 which I thought are the same as C3350? I've never confirmed this so maybe someone can?

Here is the blade I had in mind:

Copylite - Aftermarket, Compatible, and OEM Copier Supplies and Products

Also a good rule of thumb with servicing copiers & printers: gray / green color lines or toner leaking inside machine, etc is always waste toner. If lines / toner leaking are only one color CYMK then look at that specific color drum / developer unit as the issue.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Not sure how many different ways you need to be told it's the transfer belt.
    Not sure what you mean by that.

It would be helpful if someone could confirm that the cleaning blade for the C35 will work for the C3350.