Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C308 - Cyan issue

Hi guys,

we currently have a C308 with a cyan issue, the cyan haltone had gone really faded (can hardly see it). I Have replaced the cyan developing unit but after running the machine for a bit the cyan unit has turned black when i have pulled it out? when i run a print it still shows cyan on prints.

i have checked the TCR level and they are between 6.0-7.0 so they are fine. we are using genuine toner, the machine is on the latest firmware and have cleaned out the little ducts on the hopper unit (with the white plugs)

i am most likely going down the route of replacing the HV board but wanted to see if any of yous guys have any suggestions.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta C308 - Cyan issue

The fact that cyan dev is turning black would suggest toner isnt being added, which is strange seeing as your TCR values are well within range. Have you checked the toner bottle is turning? Have also had a similar issue caused by the small dev board that sits behind the waste box. Failing that think you could be right with HV

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Hi guys,

we currently have a C308 with a cyan issue, the cyan haltone had gone really faded (can hardly see it). I Have replaced the cyan developing unit but after running the machine for a bit the cyan unit has turned black when i have pulled it out? when i run a print it still shows cyan on prints.

i have checked the TCR level and they are between 6.0-7.0 so they are fine. we are using genuine toner, the machine is on the latest firmware and have cleaned out the little ducts on the hopper unit (with the white plugs)

i am most likely going down the route of replacing the HV board but wanted to see if any of yous guys have any suggestions.

Hi,
    have you checked the erase lamp?
    lately i find some machine where don't work or work partially and don't erase completly the drum.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Any consumables over life? Remove drums and devs and check backside of machine for clogged toner air ports/ducts especially cyan. Check ozone filter is it full with cyan?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Any consumables over life? Remove drums and devs and check backside of machine for clogged toner air ports/ducts especially cyan. Check ozone filter is it full with cyan?
    There's no ozone filter on 8 series since charging grids are replaced by charging rollers.
    In theory HV unit (or wire/connections) should be causing the problem since the reading of TCR sensor is 6-7% with no toner on magnet roller. Voltage bias C is not holding toner on magnet roller.

Check value of Vb C in State confirmation/table number!

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    There's no ozone filter on 8 series since charging grids are replaced by charging rollers.
    In theory HV unit (or wire/connections) should be causing the problem since the reading of TCR sensor is 6-7% with no toner on magnet roller. Voltage bias C is not holding toner on magnet roller.

Check value of Vb C in State confirmation/table number!
    My bad, I was talking for 8 series but thinking of 4e series
    Agree check developing bias Vdc-C.
    Standard values:
    • Vdc: around 300 V to 400 V
    • Vg: around 450 V to 550 V
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi guys,

i have just turned the machine on checked the levels

values.jpg

VDC-C is 800
    VG-C is 950

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I don't know why but cyan devs fails the most.

Better replace the DV unit and drum as a set (in case the drum is near/end of yield). A faulty drum can lead to draining the dev, too. We also had dv drain issues with improper modified BK->COL drums...

Hi guys,

values.jpg

VDC-C is 800
    VG-C is 950
    Way off. You better replace cyan drum together with dev unit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi guys,

values.jpg

VDC-C is 800
    VG-C is 950
    Cyan develpoing unit is new and if there is developer on magnet roller and just toner is missing there is no need to replace it again.

I would try with a new ( or used ) drum YMC and run TCR manual add for cyan and "image stabilization only". After stabilization check VDC-C and VG-C if they are back to normal.

After that pull out dev unit c and ckeck if magnet roller turned cyan i.e. holding cyan toner on itself.

If not I would use HV board from other machine and see if that get satisfactory result.

Again run TCR manual add for cyan to rotate dev unit (cyan toner must fill magnet roller) and "image stabilization only" to correct the values.

After you find problematic component, order and replace a new one.