Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Total counter notification

Hello,

I set the machines with total counter notification through email monthly.
    This function is not so stable, that is, sometimes the meter wouldn't be received. I went to customer and pressed " send out " the meter email had been sent.
    Everybody have this experience ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Total counter notification

sometimes IT restrict email to external address via copier

in these cases i have it send to one of the staff and then create a rule in outlook for it to forward it to our accounts team automatically.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    sometimes IT restrict email to external address via copier

in these cases i have it send to one of the staff and then create a rule in outlook for it to forward it to our accounts team automatically.
    For example, one copier sent total counter email normally on Jan to May, not on June.
    We visited and pressed " send now " manually and it sent, on July, it sent normally again.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwai View Post
    For example, one copier sent total counter email normally on Jan to May, not on June.
    We visited and pressed " send now " manually and it sent, on July, it sent normally again.

Generally this means there was some disruption in the local network at the time the machine tried to send the report. I believe the machine only tries once and if it can't send it doesn't try again until the next month.
    What you could do is set up another schedule to the same email maybe for the day after.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Generally this means there was some disruption in the local network at the time the machine tried to send the report. I believe the machine only tries once and if it can't send it doesn't try again until the next month.
    What you could do is set up another schedule to the same email maybe for the day after.
    I usually setup atleast 2 separate notifications because of that.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I usually set it once a month, and every monday.
    I'm thinking to set it every monday and every thursday in the future.
    Notification is not sent if the machine is OFF obviously and if there's no internet connection.

I use e-mail notifications for all my machines which support it, and is reliable regarding machine side.
    To be more reliable I created e-mail accounts on my domain and use my domain e-mail server.
    NO free Gmail, NO clients internet provider e-mail server which use non ssl (port 25) without authentication - sometimes it comes, sometimes not.

Status is sent on 00:00 on the set day. If machine is OFF at that time status will be sent imediately after machine is turned ON again.

I have half of accounts which turn OFF machine at the end of a work day. When counter notification comes in the morning (and not on midnight) I know exact hour (and minute) when they turned it ON.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

prob need their IT to investigate

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    I usually set it once a month, and every monday.
    I'm thinking to set it every monday and every thursday in the future.
    Notification is not sent if the machine is OFF obviously and if there's no internet connection.

I use e-mail notifications for all my machines which support it, and is reliable regarding machine side.
    To be more reliable I created e-mail accounts on my domain and use my domain e-mail server.
    NO free Gmail, NO clients internet provider e-mail server which use non ssl (port 25) without authentication - sometimes it comes, sometimes not.

Status is sent on 00:00 on the set day. If machine is OFF at that time status will be sent imediately after machine is turned ON again.

I have half of accounts which turn OFF machine at the end of a work day. When counter notification comes in the morning (and not on midnight) I know exact hour (and minute) when they turned it ON.
    Generally I set the local internet provider smtp server which use port 25 and need smtp authentication.