Technician

8 Series SMB.. i know right

ok So i have a few machines that have been failing left and right. Customers have been replacing their win10 Pc with another... Same win10 build and all... But i for he life of me cant get the SMB to work again. Id check all the setting, sharing, domain, passwords, firewall, antvirus, firmware, ect. but i would still get a "server connection error". I cant remember the exact error number (111 i think) but i will get that... Has one else ran into this..seems to be more frequent then before.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: 8 Series SMB.. i know right

in admin set ntlm to 1/2?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Im going to just wait till we hear the network error code it displayed

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

In Windows, search "turn windows features ON OFF control panel". Click on it and it should bring up the small box called Windows Features. Scroll down to: "SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support". You want to make sure all 3 boxes are checked. Windows will do a quick update and then you have to restart the computer. We have had the issue dozens of times.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareJim View Post
    In Windows, search "turn windows features ON OFF control panel". Click on it and it should bring up the small box called Windows Features. Scroll down to: "SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support". You want to make sure all 3 boxes are checked. Windows will do a quick update and then you have to restart the computer. We have had the issue dozens of times.
    8 series doesnt use smb1 though

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareJim View Post
    Server box is enough but you can enable client too for other purposes. Autoremove should be unchecked if you want to stay this way, otherwise next update could unchecked server & client boxes and SMB1 will be disabled again.

And uncheck "Direct SMB" box.
    P.S. older 8 series FWs use SMB1.
    Last edited by REGSIS; 07-30-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bricorley View Post
    ok So i have a few machines that have been failing left and right. Customers have been replacing their win10 Pc with another... Same win10 build and all... But i for he life of me cant get the SMB to work again. Id check all the setting, sharing, domain, passwords, firewall, antvirus, firmware, ect. but i would still get a "server connection error". I cant remember the exact error number (111 i think) but i will get that... Has one else ran into this..seems to be more frequent then before.

Be sure for correct netconnection profile. Perhaps it changed from private to public after connecting another pc. When ports in firewall are only opened for private you get "server connection" error.

Supervisor de Campo 50+ Posts

Required MFP Settings For NTLMv2 Authentication
    According to the 308 series Service Manual: (I-27, page 821) SMB Client must be on and User
    Authentication (NTLM) enabled in order to successfully authenticate to a Windows Server Domain via
    NTLMv2. The is a requirement as KM MFPs use SMBv2 over Port 445 in order to perform negotiation
    and authentication using NTLM

External Server Settings:
    Neither [NTLM v1] nor [NTLM v2] appear when “OFF” is selected in [Administrator Settings] -> [Network
    Settings] -> [SMB Settings] -> [Client Settings] -> [User Authentication (NTLM)].

Buenas follows a BT to help his friend and everyone who needs it in the future.
    Attached Files Attached Files