Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

SMB scanning server connection error

Good day all
    I have a stupid question.
    Client has a B360i,C250i and C308.
    Out of 4 users only 1 can scan.
    The other 3 keeps giving server connection error.
    I have tried useing pc name/host name,pc IP's, i have used the pc's user names and passwords for the "authentication".
    Dissabled anti virus and firewall (to test),ticked SMB in programs and features,restarted the pc's and machines but still no luck.
    The flip is they all worked fine until IT guy cloned (as he said too me) the pc's and started using office 365.

Anything im missing,ran out of time too try troubleshoot further this after noon.

I have serched the other threads but nothing seems to work.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    SMB scanning server connection error

Re: SMB scanning server connection error

the user name has to reside on the individual PC, a server logon doesnt always work.
    that why i create a local user called scan with Scanner01 as the password, check password never expires and try with that user.
    if its "Home" edition instead of something business like pro or enterprise there is a way to use it by creating the scan folder in the only sharable folder like users.
    you can always use an FTP app too.
    make sure the network is locked in at smb v2 in admin mode.
    other than running wireshark this is the only suggestions i have at this time.

[edit]
    Error
    Server Connection Error Code: 107 when scanning to SMB.

1. Permit SMB port through the firewall- 445 (TCP) or 139 (NetBIOS) can still be used
    2. Enable "File and Printer Sharing" in the Windows settings.
    3. Verify the IP address of the destination computer which contains the shared folder

Error
    Server Connection Error 4099 or 16712685 when scanning to SMB.

Root Cause
    1. User name and/or password is not correct or input incorrectly
    2. Folder permissions are not set correctly for the user
    3. The SMB authentication protocol is incorrect or SMB signature request is configured on the PC side

Workaround/Fix
    1. Verify user login name and password on the PC
    a. depending on network setup, a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) format may be needed (Username@domain.xxx)
    b. depending on network setup, the computer or domain name may have to be included (Computer or Domain Name \ Username)
    b. try setting up a new test username/password
    2. Ensure the folder is shared and the Share Permissions for the particular user are set to Full Control, Modify, or Read & Write
    3. Configure SMB Authentication Setting and/or SMB signature setting at the device as shown below
    a. In a Workgroup environment set to NTLM v1/v2
    b. In a Domain environment set to [Kerberos] [NTLM v1/v2] (if Kerberos fails then NTLM will be used)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: SMB scanning server connection error

Quote Originally Posted by Brett GS View Post
    Good day all
    I have a stupid question.
    Client has a B360i,C250i and C308.
    Out of 4 users only 1 can scan.
    The other 3 keeps giving server connection error.
    I have tried useing pc name/host name,pc IP's, i have used the pc's user names and passwords for the "authentication".
    Dissabled anti virus and firewall (to test),ticked SMB in programs and features,restarted the pc's and machines but still no luck.
    The flip is they all worked fine until IT guy cloned (as he said too me) the pc's and started using office 365.

Anything im missing,ran out of time too try troubleshoot further this after noon.

I have serched the other threads but nothing seems to work.
    Edit address book entry from machine.
    Click REFERENCE to search the network
    First a workgroup name should appear then list of hostnames and at last shared folders on host machine.
    Popup window request username and password when password protected sharing is used.

It is easier from here to detect what is not showing up; a hostname or a folder.
    If a folder is not showing up disable SMB direct in windows features.