Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica minolta 658e bad copy

Re: konica minolta 658e bad copy

11 by 17 I have a copy. still horrible copy.. I took particular attention to the scanner traveling. seemed smooth. I did apply a thin layer of light grease on the rails as well.. no jerking I just am beside myself.. I think the scanner must be crooked or something just very minute to make it do this copy.. any other ideas?
    thank you so much

brentbadcopy3.jpg

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Hi,
    This is caused by the 3rd mirror misalign.

It's a time consuming task to adjust and waste of paper while testing as this distorted image moves towards the ADF and back to platern glass while adjusting the mirror.

I have had many of these, changing the complete scanner unit solves the issue. Scanner unit from 4 / 4e series fits like a glove on 8 series. Repair time is about 20 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Hi,
    This is caused by the 3rd mirror misaligned.

It's a time consuming task to adjust and waste of paper while testing as this distorted image moves towards the ADF and back to platern glass while adjusting the mirror.

I have had many of these, changing the complete scanner unit solves the issue. Scanner unit from 4 / 4e series fits like a glove on 8 series. Repair time is about 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by byronf View Post
    Hi,
    This is caused by the 3rd mirror misaligned.

wow ok are you saying a 364e scanner assembly will fit? I will verify part numbers too. also forgive me but the scanner carries the first mirror correct? so the second sets of mirrors stay in machine just replace the scanner assy? I really do appreciate your information on this
    thanks a mill

brent

Hi,
    This is caused by the 3rd mirror misalign.

if you get a chance would you look at my last comment to you? are you replacing the scanner ccd onlly or the mirror assy as well? I come up with a different part number from the 658e series to the 364e series.. is it the same? I will s wap this out but trying to figure out what parts.. only the ccd or both.. thanks again so much

brent

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    if you get a chance would you look at my last comment to you? are you replacing the scanner ccd onlly or the mirror assy as well? I come up with a different part number from the 658e series to the 364e series.. is it the same? I will s wap this out but trying to figure out what parts.. only the ccd or both.. thanks again so much

brent
    Change the Entire scanner unit 4 /4E series works on the 8 series
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok I see. the w hole scanner lol if a konica minolta 364e unit works then I will try it.. I bet it goes faster when you do it more then once.. it looks like a ton of stuff to remove lol thank you

brent

Change the Entire scanner unit 4 /4E series works on the 8 series
    ok we had a brand new konica minolta 364e that had lower end damage.. so I was able to get the scanner off it
    I will take it and replace it next week with the damaged 368e looks like it will be a direct fit. even though some of
    the wires are a different color but youve said you have done this.. will I need to do any functions when its all replaced?
    or just replace and start copying?

thanks again byronf

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I haven't actually done this swap, but I would suspect that the scanner motor will be regulated by the engine, scanning at whatever speed the engine calls for. Pulse motors are very flexible that way. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I haven't actually done this swap, but I would suspect that the scanner motor will be regulated by the engine, scanning at whatever speed the engine calls for. Pulse motors are very flexible that way. =^..^=
    Well black cat I took the whole scanner bed off today. In 26 years of being a tech this was new to me. But I guess obviously back in the old days this was not an option but scanners have been like this for about probably what 10 to 15 years? Anyway I’m looking forward to getting this fixed next week when I get back up there lol