Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

B287 scanning barcodes smb/Email

Hi guys i have a problem with a b287 scanning a document containing a barcode scanning smb thru document feeder and from platen glas it does the same , the client says a week ago their drag and drop program on their system accepted the codes until recently the scanned document barcodes is distorted see attached images the barcode lines are not accurate, i have also tested scanning the same documents from different machines and it does the same i tested it on a c558 & B454e, on the b287 i have done gradation cleaned mirrors slit glass platen glass firmware is on w4 i will update to Y0 on my next visit ,Adjusted scanniging settings density etc,would font management utility help , any suggestions wpuld be appreciated thanx B287 scanning barcodes smb/Email Attachment 50001IMG-20210823-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210823-WA0003.jpg

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: B287 scanning barcodes smb/Email

Have you tried scanning the barcode rotated 90 degrees, at 600dpi, monochrome, Text original type? You'll want the bars oriented crossfeed/main scan for the best image resolution.

The issue I was addressing was barcodes scanned at multiple other locations on multiple other scanners, sent as email attachments, printed, then attempted to be scanned by a reader. It's probably the printers fault, not anything to do with the scan quality ... well yes, it did have a lot to do with the scan quality. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 08-23-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blinxwap View Post
    Hi guys i have a problem with a b287 scanning a document containing a barcode scanning smb thru document feeder and from platen glas it does the same , the client says a week ago their drag and drop program on their system accepted the codes until recently the scanned document barcodes is distorted see attached images the barcode lines are not accurate, i have also tested scanning the same documents from different machines and it does the same i tested it on a c558 & B454e, on the b287 i have done gradation cleaned mirrors slit glass platen glass firmware is on w4 i will update to Y0 on my next visit ,Adjusted scanniging settings density etc,would font management utility help , any suggestions wpuld be appreciated thanx B287 scanning barcodes smb/Email Attachment 50001IMG-20210823-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210823-WA0003.jpg

You should acquire a handheld BarCode scanner and check that the printed image matches the barcode data.

Simply open any word processor and scan the image.

The image you presented is a combination of machine readable and human readable text.

The machine readable images are irregular and not fully formed.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 08-23-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

are there any samples that show a significant change from one day to the next? has the optics been cleaned and the image quality adjustments performed? Are they scanning these in PDF, TIFF? B&W, greyscale or Auto color? What is the resolution (DPI)? E

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

While the sample is far from perfect, it's not all that bad.

I made a screenshot of it, and dropped it into a free online barcode reader. No issues, including the decimal point.

You may want to try doing the same thing. There are tons of sites you can do that on.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinxwap View Post

I think you did a great job. The question is why it worked before and now won't. Can you retrieve from them samples when it worked? Any recent updates made on their program?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I think you did a great job. The question is why it worked before and now won't. Can you retrieve from them samples when it worked? Any recent updates made on their program?
    Could be updates from the program they are using i will try that thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

I made a screenshot of it, and dropped it into a free online barcode reader. No issues, including the decimal point.

You may want to try doing the same thing. There are tons of sites you can do that on.
    Thanx will try doing that

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

I saved the JPEG file to my PC and printed it. I then used my handheld scanner to read it. The BarCode is legible and correct.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I saved the JPEG file to my PC and printed it. I then used my handheld scanner to read it. The BarCode is legible and correct.
    These are the original scanned and printed images from the B287 see attached pdf could you try scanning those for me would appreciate itA7AH021002729 - 000012352903.pdf