Thread: C750i

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C750i

Have a new machine and it has and it has a white streaking problem. We go there and clean all the slit glasses and the problem goes away. It will come back a week later. We have replaced the black developer unit and the problem came back. There is only 80k on it. It is in a small room and for awhile the there was no AC in the room. We took the toner filter out thing that the air flow was restricted. We were talking and thinking of taking out all the image units out and cleaning the air ducts out. The toner that laying about seems to be black, but it is on all the laser slit glasses. They all have toner on them. They have said that the AC in the room has been fixed, so we dont know?

Thanks
    KEN

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C750i

I would pull out the print head just to be sure there isn't a ton of spilled developer just outside of the slit glass that's vibrating its way back onto it. I'd also consider the possibility of the transfer belt if black toner is winding up on all four windows.

Also would like to point out this helpful vacuum tool for cleaning the toner ducts.

11981 - Toner duct vacuum attachment.pdf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Have a new machine and it has and it has a white streaking problem. We go there and clean all the slit glasses and the problem goes away. It will come back a week later. We have replaced the black developer unit and the problem came back. There is only 80k on it. It is in a small room and for awhile the there was no AC in the room. We took the toner filter out thing that the air flow was restricted. We were talking and thinking of taking out all the image units out and cleaning the air ducts out. The toner that laying about seems to be black, but it is on all the laser slit glasses. They all have toner on them. They have said that the AC in the room has been fixed, so we dont know?

Thanks
    KEN

there is something very wrong with your c750i if its spewing toner and developer at 80k with the 2nd developer unit. i would be investigating where the hv settings are ,tcr's and any failure c/p codes for clues.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just an update on this. We found that the transfer belt cleaning gear was broken off. The toner was backing up from the cleaning unit and causing this. Don't know if it may have been too warm in the room that they had it in and it caused the toner to stick and form rocks. The AC seems to be better in the room now too. Well it is replaced and see what happens.
    Thanks
    KEN

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Perhaps this is something to check:

There is a possibility that the shutter of "Waste Toner Conveyance ASSY" had insufficient sliding force, waste toner was accumulated
    and the toner was clogged in the cleaner part of the transfer belt unit, may cause an abnormal noise.

To prevent this, the number of coils and length of "Compressing Coil spring (Non-Supply Part)" in "Waste Toner Conveyance ASSY" have been changed.
    (Number of Coils: 33 => 27, Length: 55mm => 52mm)
    Due to this, the part number of "Waste Toner Conveyance ASSY" has been changed.

New Parts No. AA7NR72811
    Last edited by B0265; 09-16-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Something else I found on one of these is toner rocks accumulating in the waste auger causing a gear skip noise when the machine would run. I removed the cleaning unit from the transfer belt, dug out all the rocks and everything went back together and is working fine so far. The gear never broke off, but it was not able to turn due to the waste auger being locked up. This was OEM toner too.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C750i

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Just an update on this. We found that the transfer belt cleaning gear was broken off. The toner was backing up from the cleaning unit and causing this. Don't know if it may have been too warm in the room that they had it in and it caused the toner to stick and form rocks. The AC seems to be better in the room now too. Well it is replaced and see what happens.
    Thanks
    KEN
    Congratulations on your find! On the bizhub 808's it's common to have the waste bottle fill to the top at the transfer waste spout, backing up the transfer waste. Often the enduser figures out that the waste bottle is full, but it's too late for the transfer waste unit or the spout. The call usually reads "Weird noise from the finisher." or "An internal error has occurred ... " (and resets by itself). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    Something else I found on one of these is toner rocks accumulating in the waste auger causing a gear skip noise when the machine would run. I removed the cleaning unit from the transfer belt, dug out all the rocks and everything went back together and is working fine so far. The gear never broke off, but it was not able to turn due to the waste auger being locked up. This was OEM toner too.
    I just had this exact same thing happen on a C550i. Not sure what is going on with these belts. We've only got four C550i's out so far and the newest one with the least amount of prints had the issue. I was able to clean it all out and it's fine now. The weird thing is it never had any print quality issues, just made the fast ratcheting sound because the cleaning drive gear was slipping.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

See B0265 post. I dunno high speed machines but may be the same problem spring is to week.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.