Senior Tech 250+ Posts

C3350i transfer belt stuck

I have a C3350i that I was changing the transfer belt & didn't notice that the pressure rolls on the new belt were in the down position. While I was able to get the belt in, I now can't get it back out. The cleaning unit on the end is hung up on the IU rails. No matter how hard I push it up, it won't clear it. Is there some trick to getting it out or removing the rails?

Technician

Re: C3350i transfer belt stuck

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I have a C3350i that I was changing the transfer belt & didn't notice that the pressure rolls on the new belt were in the down position. While I was able to get the belt in, I now can't get it back out. The cleaning unit on the end is hung up on the IU rails. No matter how hard I push it up, it won't clear it. Is there some trick to getting it out or removing the rails?
    Why do you need to take it out again? Is it installed properly? All the way in? Try powering on the machine and see if the rollers will retract. Then try taking it out again. If not you might just have to force it and hope for the best. I have replaced these transfer belts in the C3350i before and I think it is a stupid design. One of Konicas better ideas. NOT!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hartung View Post
    Why do you need to take it out again? Is it installed properly? All the way in? Try powering on the machine and see if the rollers will retract. Then try taking it out again. If not you might just have to force it and hope for the best. I have replaced these transfer belts in the C3350i before and I think it is a stupid design. One of Konicas better ideas. NOT!!!
    The image units won't go in when the rolls are in the pressing position.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

One thing you could do is to remove the back cover and get to the drive that moves the 1st transfer rollers and move that drive manually to retract the rollers.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had to loosen the IU rail to get it out. Turns out I had missed the front side belt unit rail because the lighting in the customer's office is awful.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I had to loosen the IU rail to get it out. Turns out I had missed the front side belt unit rail because the lighting in the customer's office is awful.
    I agree, they are a nightmare to fit, especially if restricted for space/poor lighting.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

I just encounter this problem, cleaning assy is also clogged making a rattling noise. I ordered a new transfer belt and will return and force it out, in case I break it will have a new one on site to replace it.