Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Jamming at exit

Technician

Jamming at exit

Bizhub c451 with duplex unit. Running 20# legal size from the bypass tray. As it exits, the paper gets released just a hair too soon and doesn't fully exit the machine causing the sheets to get thrown everywhere and eventually causing a jam.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Jamming at exit

With a machine that old, it could be a lot of different things. Lets start with, what is the jam code?

Just speculation here, but if you are saying that the C451 doesn't have a finisher, and that the paper isn't fully exiting out onto the internal output tray, I'd start by focusing on that reversal/exit unit. How do the rollers look? Are they worn out? Have they been cleaned recently? If I remember correctly, there is a one way bearing (clutch) on the end of the exit roller shaft. If it's never been removed and serviced, it could be slipping causing the paper to not fully exit. Clean up the one way and scuff the shaft, with a Scotchbright pad or some similar light abrasive, where the one way rides and see if that fixes it.

Just a few thoughts and suggestions, but without a proper jam code at the very least, it's all guess work.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...