Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Toner compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    You can help eliminate guessing and/or expensive drum developer replacements..Put the boxes side by side and compare the ingredients. If one contains something the other does not, then probably stay away from it. E
    There're MSDS better compare them. Still unclear on exact percentage of ingredients because of copyright protection against counterfeit.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

My service manager sat in on a web conference last week about the toner issues and KonicaMinolta said they were going to provide a toner compatibility list since no official list exists, due to the toner shortage and plant fire. Hope they do and then we'll know for sure what will work and what won't.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    My service manager sat in on a web conference last week about the toner issues and KonicaMinolta said they were going to provide a toner compatibility list since no official list exists, due to the toner shortage and plant fire. Hope they do and then we'll know for sure what will work and what won't.
    This would be great to have, hopefully they actually follow through with it.

So far we have only been slightly affected by the shortage, as we generally have a large supply of what we need. We have gotten tight on some of them, but have yet to actually run out to the point where we have customers down. We placed a pretty large order a few weeks back, and got in about 30% of what we ordered right away. Have been slowly getting additional deliveries, some that fulfill the order for that model completely, others have been a trickle supply, where they ship us about 20% to 25% of the quantity we actually ordered. I'm glad they are doing it that way instead of waiting until they have enough to fill the full quantity ordered. With a trickle supply at least we keep getting a few here and there so that we are hopefully never completely out of a given toner.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Toner compatibility

Any compatibility with tn-712?

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    TN 014 to /017--Remove end caps tape bottles together and come back in 1/2 hour (think hourglass) Office swap caps (4 clips that secure the caps) TN 014-Tn016 remove top cap from TN 16, get a funnel, and a vacuum. You can get about 2/3 of a TN -14 into a TN -016. Have not had to swap any production color yet. E
    What's the best way to remove the cap on the TN-016? Or do you mean pulling down the accordion like section on the top part?

Just to add to the knowledge base....I know for a FACT that you can use tn010 in place of tn015. I've had several 951's and found that I can buy the cheaper (especially before the shortage) tn 010 toner in them instead of the tn015. You just pull the plastic top piece off and put it on the TN010 bottle and works like a champ. Been doing it for 3 plus years and dozens of bottles.

Used to have a c6500 and a 7000 as well. Same thing. Interchangeable cept with those you had to physically pour the toner into the 7000 bottle.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Toner compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    This is long overdue, but they wont do it.
    Basic corporate bs will not allow it.

I have made several worksheets for compatible toners, but they are for quite old models.

Quote Originally Posted by trscolin View Post
    Anyone have any genius ways to transfer toner from bottle to bottle? I look like a smurf trying to transfer some cyan toner using a funnel.
    HAHA, steady hands and patience! That reminds me of the time when I [accidently] took 150 PSI to the toner feed section of a 601.
    I looked like wile e coyote after he blows himself up!

I posted this over in the Toner Shortages thread but thought maybe it might be good to post it here as well.

Anyone know what might be compatible genuine Konica Minolta toner for TN-619M? That's the one we need and can't get and apparently, it's in shortage on the entire planet since none is to be found anywhere (well unless you want to pay $1,000 for a bottle from some scalper on fleebay).

Just wondering if anyone has used toner from another KM machine that works fine without a doubt and causes no copy quality issues.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

TN620 should be full compatible if you can get that one

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    TN620 should be full compatible if you can get that one
    Thanks! Unfortunately everyone else has figured that out too so it's not available either.