Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

Question remote diagnostic software

I've recently inherited the territory of a tech who has been here for 20 some years. It is a fairly large hospital with a lot of devices. I have no clue how many exactly, though I would estimate in the 6-700 range. All are Konica Minolta 3-4-8 series, and a bunch of HP desktop printers.

I discovered pretty quickly that the previous tech(s) had gotten lazy and just started disabling trays instead of fixing them, (Product unit isolation). I've stumbled on several in just a few days of being here on site. quite a few band-aid fixes... I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

I'm looking for a solution to be proactive in my attack, the Hospital Network is pretty well locked down, however I do have a workstation that I could potentially install a server on for this purpose with the blessing of their Technology dept.

I'm aware of the existence of vCare, though have no experience with implementing it. From what I've heard it doesn't have a dashboard to alert me about issues.

I have experience with ARMS and MICAS (Ricoh, Sharp) and Kyocera Device Manager... Is there a 3rd party software that scans the network for devices, adds them and reports issues?

I understand that I may need to add devices one by one to any such service, and although that would be annoying, it could be done over time.

Anyone have experience with a remote diagnostic software in a healthcare environment?

Thanks!

Re: remote diagnostic software

Kyocera KM Netviewer will find all network devices

Also print tracker

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    remote diagnostic software

With Kyocera KM Net Viewer, you can right click on any non-Kyocera device and there is an option to go to that devices home page. There is other information for each device as well.

Might be helpful. I have had a couple of IT guys use KMV to monitor devices over their network. Lets then know if the device is running low on toner or if something is wrong the line goes red or a yellow caution tangle pops up.

Basic info at a glance.

Hope that helps.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    With Kyocera KM Net Viewer, you can right click on any non-Kyocera device and there is an option to go to that devices home page. There is other information for each device as well.

Might be helpful. I have had a couple of IT guys use KMV to monitor devices over their network. Lets then know if the device is running low on toner or if something is wrong the line goes red or a yellow caution tangle pops up.

Basic info at a glance.

Hope that helps.
    I think he wants more automated tool. We have Brother tool BRAdmin 4 which does the same as KMV but the problem is those are vendor limited to core part of their functions and Konica Minolta doesn't seem to have good enough tool.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

KM's page scope enterprise suite can alert you of a ton of KM isssues..Free from KM, can be run on a desktop. it's been a while, but you can add other vendors, but you need the SNMP OID for anything other than KM. you can make some changes fleet wide..It's a lot of work to get everything reporting, but once it's done you just sit back and wait for the emails. E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

Sounds like KM PageScope Enterprise might be the way to go...

I failed to mention a key point, the hospital network is LOCKED DOWN tight with no out-bound traffic allowed. Any application would need to be located locally on the network and not rely on reporting to a cloud-based or exterior server.