Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KM c7000 J-9401 - Paper jamming in ADU

Re: KM c7000 J-9401 - Paper jamming in ADU

Below the CDB plate is a set of gears. I replaced all of them and the ADU clutches to be satisfied. After two exchanges of M41, this solved my problem.

Manually rotating the ADU camshaft makes everything lighter. But in normal operation (with paper and speed), the defect always appeared. Intermittently, but it showed.

I only managed to sleep after changing gears and clutches.
    Nothing like day after day

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KM c7000 J-9401 - Paper jamming in ADU

Re: KM c7000 J-9401 - Paper jamming in ADU

Hi Blackcat: fear not, although I am happy to have a go at most things on our presses, I am causious and there are certain things such as marked screws that I stay well away from. I start with the simple before getting into the major. Hence not taking the plunge and changing the motor.

Methgod: You are right 12M is high and it would be easy enough to swap the engine, and in fact over the last year had been on the lookout for one. But they just don't come up and prices at the moment are going up. IN the UK many presses don't come on the market they are simply bought by dealers who export them to countries like India. We would most like have upgraded to a 1070 or 2070 as they should be able to run all the finishing units too. Similar to you we have a c5501, in fact it was our first digital press, and it still runs, easier to fix and cheaper, and we have a shed load of spares and toner for it similar to you so well worth keeping. We would have preferred to have kept the c6501 we had but our one of these wasn't very reliable, so after 5M mothballed it. In fact instead of selling it I stripped it down it it's screws for fun. But I always found that the odd part I needed was always one I had not kept!! Currently in the UK I've been able to get any of the OEM toner we have needed, but know that may not last for long.

Tullintron: Will have to look at those gears. I have a spare ADU from a c6501, so will check the parts listings to see which ones are the same. I know the ADU was working fine when I took it out, so could be worth swapping the gears over and see what happens.

Cheers all most appreciated!
    Mark