Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz C3350, C3351 creasing paper

Re: Biz C3350, C3351 creasing paper

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I agree not a great model & yes these exit rollers are not easy to get at however since you went to the effort of stripping down the machine to gain access I would have replaced them with the modified type while you were had it apart.
    Sorry for confusion. I did not take apart the machine at customers office yet. Looking in manual at the steps to remove the exit unit is why I said it look like a big job to get to rollers. Have a machine in shop that I had swapped with a customer because of the wrinkling and saw the bad rollers on this machine. So assuming this will be the case with any C3350 I have in field that wrinkles the paper.

Also have a parts machine in shop that has good rollers but not going to use the rollers. Going to order new exit roller shafts for customers machines. $45 each for a plastic shaft with 2 rollers!

Thanks again

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Hi All,

This issue is common from C25, C35, C3110, C3350 & C3351.

Issue is the two parts attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byronf View Post
    Hi All,

This issue is common from C25, C35, C3110, C3350 & C3351.

Issue is the two parts attached.
    So actuator and paper exit roller. I don't have many of these luckily but good info to know byronf.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    So actuator and paper exit roller. I don't have many of these luckily but good info to know byronf.
    Hi,
    It's the Holder and rollers ASSY.

Hi,
    It's the Holder and rollers ASSY.
    Good to know. I searched knowledge base and did not see anything about modified parts. Well I know for sure I have bad rollers on machine at shop. Will order a few of those parts for my customers that will eventually call back with wrinkling / creasing.

Looks even worse replacing holder. A real pain in the ass job! If everything has to be swapped over to new holder that sucks! Minimum 2 hour job.

Thanks
    Last edited by copyman; 10-16-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Good to know. I searched knowledge base and did not see anything about modified parts. Well I know for sure I have bad rollers on machine at shop. Will order a few of those parts for my customers that will eventually call back with wrinkling / creasing.

Looks even worse replacing holder. A real pain in the ass job! If everything has to be swapped over to new holder that sucks! Minimum 2 hour job.

Thanks
    Hi,
    Worn rollers are not the cause of this, the issue comes from the holder you will notice the rollers assy wears that bushing down leaving a play. Yes If it's your fist time it could take 2 hours with practice 30mins, I normally use parts from the graveyard from c25 / c35 you have to cut the knobs out so the fuser sits right.

If you have taken the scanner unit out or changed power supply of these models in the past then you should be ok.
    NB: on the new models you will have to also take the control panel off.

Hi,
    Worn rollers are not the cause of this, the issue comes from the holder you will notice the rollers assy wears that bushing down leaving a play. Yes If it's your fist time it could take 2 hours with practice 30mins, I normally use parts from the graveyard from c25 / c35 you have to cut the knobs out so the fuser sits right.

If you have taken the scanner unit out or changed power supply of these models in the past then you should be ok.
    NB: on the new models you will have to also take the control panel off.
    Ok that's good info. The rollers definitely the issue on machine in shop creasing the paper. Not sure how machines with 10 or 20K page counts can wear anything down but a new holder is worth a try.