Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Unknown Button n Logo C280

This machine at some point had a 3rd party app on it, and probably an authentication device as well. My guess is someone did a HDD format that removed the card reader LDD, then they added movie data, but never removed the secure release app. if you were to look at the backside of the device near the ethernet port you may find a USB device plugged in. If you can trace the cable to the work table or the front cover of the machine you will find an AU or some other vendors reader. Agree with everyone else that removing the APP in open API settings will get rid of the "release" icon. The only think I don't get is if it is 3rd party app, why are you not getting an error message stating unable to connect (assuming it's really not supposed to be present. Did you get this from a wholesaler/dealer/used? E

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Service Mode > Stop - 9 > Management Function Choice > Unset
    Remove Loadable driver if any. Lastly physical deatach authentication device.
    Agree on probably HDD format involved.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Unknown Button n Logo C280

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    This machine at some point had a 3rd party app on it, and probably an authentication device as well. My guess is someone did a HDD format that removed the card reader LDD, then they added movie data, but never removed the secure release app. if you were to look at the backside of the device near the ethernet port you may find a USB device plugged in. If you can trace the cable to the work table or the front cover of the machine you will find an AU or some other vendors reader. Agree with everyone else that removing the APP in open API settings will get rid of the "release" icon. The only think I don't get is if it is 3rd party app, why are you not getting an error message stating unable to connect (assuming it's really not supposed to be present. Did you get this from a wholesaler/dealer/used? E
    I know right! Finally solved my problems. Some Kind of card reader was present at the USB port. Now I feel so dumb been messing around that part for so long, but never once notice the extra USB port being connected. Now I have another question. If is third-party card reader, driver must have been loader right? why the is USB error present there. Although it didn't hinder the daily usage. But the "released" button n the USB error logo kinda annoyed me. Yes is a used unit. I really like this particular model. I am predicting this model can last longer than it intended to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Service Mode > Stop - 9 > Management Function Choice > Unset
    Remove Loadable driver if any. Lastly physical deatach authentication device.
    Agree on probably HDD format involved.
    Management Function was already unset.

And Yeah, I just formatted the HDD and the released button is gone.