Technician

KM Bizhub C224e ADF Scanning Speed

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to slow the physical rate of speed that an ADF scans a document? I am scanning thousands of newspaper pages that are about 10.5 x 14 inches in size and the papers are thick enough and are in good enough condition to go through an ADF. Fortunately, this newspaper was printed on a thicker and glossy type paper rather than newsprint. However, the rate of speed occasionally causes the top to tear and I am trying to avoid this. Any suggestions? I am using a Konica Minolta Bizhub C224e with an ADF that has the built in dual scanning capability. Thank you in advance for your help and support. Scott.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: KM Bizhub C224e ADF Scanning Speed

Set DF to mixed originals.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Try using highest scan resolution.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

As was already said, increasing the scan resolution will slow down the scan speed. Only drawback is it will also increase the file size. If file size isn't a factor, set it to the highest resolution and hopefully it will be slow enough to not tear the pages.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts drowranger's Avatar

Try changing original setting to Thin paper original. This worked couple of times for clients scanning thin receipts.
    This option "Reduce the original feed speed of the ADF to prevent the original from getting caught when scanning an original that is thinner than plain paper."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drowranger View Post
    Try changing original setting to Thin paper original. This worked couple of times for clients scanning thin receipts.
    This option "Reduce the original feed speed of the ADF to prevent the original from getting caught when scanning an original that is thinner than plain paper."
    I was going to suggest the same
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...