Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    toners not available from konica minolta  what is everyone doing?

Re: toners not available from konica minolta what is everyone doing?

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    It's a KM issue so you're in the right place.. Before I answer, I would like to know if the dealers have it as bad..There are rumours out there abounding. E
    We're having to test turdparty on our own machines at the office, and will likely end up introducing them shortly until the supply increases again. It sucks, we'll likely get a few more service calls and killed parts, but if it keeps our customers running we'll deal with it when that happens. Normally that voids our contracts, of course now's an exception

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Is Konica Minolta the only manufacturer with toner and machine issues? Anybody have insight on the other manufacturers? At one time Konica Minolta made some of their toners in the USA.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

All the years of being brainwashed by the OEM's at their schools and telling my customers not use anything but genuine, I now have to tell my customers they have no choice and sell them aftermarket.

What happens when they see the aftermarket works ok and much lower price. How do we start charging them 2x's more when the genuine comes back. It just looks bad all around!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

For anyone that looking into 3rd party toner, you need to contact Static Control.

Ink jet & laser toner cartridge supplier | Static Control
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    All the years of being brainwashed by the OEM's at their schools and telling my customers not use anything but genuine, I now have to tell my customers they have no choice and sell them aftermarket.

What happens when they see the aftermarket works ok and much lower price. How do we start charging them 2x's more when the genuine comes back. It just looks bad all around!
    Exactly right!
    +1

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    For anyone that looking into 3rd party toner, you need to contact Static Control.

Ink jet & laser toner cartridge supplier | Static Control
    Is there anyone cheaper? I bet we find who supplies them in china.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

This is awesome, no more being ripped off. Maybe more people buy KM if aftermarket toner works better and cheaper.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

... before you jump ship on OEM toner, just remember those same OEMs are providing free technical support and parts when you need it.

There is a huge cost to pay all of these salaries, expenses, facilities and warehousing that needs to be recouped.

The 3rd party non OEM toner suppliers skate on not having any of these expenses nor responsibilities.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Is there anyone cheaper? I bet we find who supplies them in china.

This is awesome, no more being ripped off. Maybe more people buy KM if aftermarket toner works better and cheaper.

Static Control makes their own toner. They've been doing this for a long time. It's a huge company as far as aftermarket toner, drums, ect. But they don't make every toner so....
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... before you jump ship on OEM toner, just remember those same OEMs are providing free technical support and parts when you need it.

There is a huge cost to pay all of these salaries, expenses, facilities and warehousing that needs to be recouped.

The 3rd party non OEM toner suppliers skate on not having any of these expenses nor responsibilities.
    They make money on the parts and selling machines, if toner was 10% more I could understand but they are reaping way too much. Plus they should have inventoried a lot more toner for a situation like this. Considering the profits they make it was a serious bad judgment not to stock pile 3+ months of inventory (personally id fire the guy who made this call). Printing cost should be a lot less in 2021 esp since younger people have stopped reading and book stores no longer exist.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    They make money on the parts and selling machines, if toner was 10% more I could understand but they are reaping way too much. Plus they should have inventoried a lot more toner for a situation like this. Considering the profits they make it was a serious bad judgment not to stock pile 3+ months of inventory (personally id fire the guy who made this call). Printing cost should be a lot less in 2021 esp since younger people have stopped reading and book stores no longer exist.

... you are out of touch on the hardware, OEMs do not make nearly as much as you think. OEM's have to pay for Admin staff, facilities,utilities, taxes, etc. The competitive nature of the copier business means they rarely make more than 10% margin on the hardware. On the parts they have to stock seven years after the discontinuation date and throw away a lot of dead inventory.

Why should printing cost less in 2021? Prices for raw materials and logistics costs have risen.

Have you been in a Chapters bookstore lately?

Every OEM has to make forecasts on what they need to order for the next three months based upon reports from the field.

The OEMs have been under a lot of pressure the last several years to make a profit so over inventorying a product has a cost.