Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

Re: C3350 swapping IU's ???

When we were still a KM dealer, we were told the small colors were KM's. Just the B/W were rebadged. Hate all of the small KM's. Ricoh dealer now. So much happier with them.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    When we were still a KM dealer, we were told the small colors were KM's. Just the B/W were rebadged. Hate all of the small KM's. Ricoh dealer now. So much happier with them.
    Hi 3ktic.
    Side question. I have strong feeling that A4 Ricoh colour models are better than KM comparable ones. How do you feel their A3 models compare to KM? I think Konica and Ricoh A3 colour models are very good not sure about B&W but may be wrong.

Sorry copyman for diluting your thread.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi 3ktic.
    Side question. I have strong feeling that A4 Ricoh colour models are better than KM comparable ones. How do you feel their A3 models compare to KM? I think Konica and Ricoh A3 colour models are very good not sure about B&W but may be wrong.

Sorry copyman for diluting your thread.
    I am very happy with the A3 models. Both color and b/w. So far they have been very reliable. Started selling them in 2017. They are also very quiet. Our customers that have switched to them, love them.
    Being in a small town, we sell mostly A4's though. They have been great. Both color and B/W. We still have many KM's out there since we were still a dealer until mid 2018. Hoping to upgrade to Ricoh over the next couple years.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    That's what I heard as well. Agree the small Kon/Min machines are not that great. I will put the bigger Kon/Min up against any other OEM. Only one close would be Canon.

Of course each Tech has their favorite OEM which is usually the OEM they have most experience with...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    That's what I heard as well. Agree the small Kon/Min machines are not that great. I will put the bigger Kon/Min up against any other OEM. Only one close would be Canon.

Of course each Tech has their favorite OEM which is usually the OEM they have most experience with...
    Comparative lack of Canon techs and threads here works in favour of your words
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

I have worked on Konica's since there were Royal. Back in the days oh the 110/115/130/145's up to today. I also had been trained on Xerox, Mita's before the became Kyocera, & Panasonic. Always thought I would stay with the Km's. These new Ricoh's have been very reliable and the customers love them.

can i swap color IU with swapping chip? yellow instead of magenta and vice versa? for testing a charging

Replace the ICP on the TCR chip. That will reinitialize it. Its even possible to convert b/w to color.
    If you get a TCR range error best to replace it. Shake the crap out of the replacement to ensure the toner mixes into the dev.
    The CMY TCR chips are not the same as for the b/w unit. Think its only a SMD resistor that makes them different.
    Last edited by allan; 01-31-2022 at 01:16 PM.
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Comparative lack of Canon techs and threads here works in favour of your words
    Or could be just more Kon/Min machines are sold.