Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

C3350 swapping IU's ???

Has anyone had success swapping the image units from one C3350 to another of same model? I always get a C255X code. I've even tried a reset chip on a black unit and still got a C255X code but did reset life back to 100%.

Is there a way to use image unit from another machine? I have a few low meter parts machines I would like to use the image units on my contract customers.

Thanks in advance

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

Re: C3350 swapping IU's ???

Correct. I have had no success swapping used IU's, regardless of usage. =^.^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C3350 swapping IU's ???

I don't know, but couldn't you just swap the chips?
    That said, I don't know if you can bypass EOL on IUs for that model.

C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    I don't know, but couldn't you just swap the chips?
    That said, I don't know if you can bypass EOL on IUs for that model.
    Thanks for the reply....

Funny you mention that, I tried using the chip from the bad original IU and after a week or two the customer calls with code. For instance this most recent time I bought machine from wholesaler with 18k, everything was great except some faint magenta lines. I had a parts machine in shop with only 10k because of broken screen so swapped mag IU using the chip from "original" unit with faint lines. Worked great for 50+ test pages in shop, delivered machine and two weeks later C2554 code. My thinking is machine must read the dev levels along with the factory chip and after some usage it doesn't stay at proper level and throws code. Machine will reset and after printing a few pages it throws code again.

Ordered a new Mag IU and be done with it this time. Just asking so I know in future if I can do it. Was hoping something simple like adj TCR or something to get it to work.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Many years ago on the blackwhite devices you had to reset the developper values before change.
    I think its not possible but you can check to change after a stabilisation/initialisation.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

It's automated you cannot change those values manually. That said maybe new(aftermarket) IU chip may help to initialize values and use rest life of used but good ones IUs.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    Many years ago on the blackwhite devices you had to reset the developper values before change.
    I think its not possible but you can check to change after a stabilisation/initialisation.
    this is how i get used to work initialize and stabilize, check tcr and correct by doing manual toner add or test prints to tone up or de tone, do gradation settings till readings are within specs rerun stablize . reboot check tcr run some heavy coverage tests recheck tcr, if copier is happy with the used unit it will maintain a good toner to carrier ratio, if its going nuts you will need to fool around with hv settings, (if you don't know witch settings to change you shouldn't be fooling around with used supplies anyways)

on the 3350, if you have a complete donor machine you can swap all image units out and trade the counter chips on the mfp from the donor into target unit.(again if this is Greek to you, leave it alone.)

C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    this is how i get used to work initialize and stabilize, check tcr and correct by doing manual toner add or test prints to tone up or de tone, do gradation settings till readings are within specs rerun stablize . reboot check tcr run some heavy coverage tests recheck tcr, if copier is happy with the used unit it will maintain a good toner to carrier ratio, if its going nuts you will need to fool around with hv settings, (if you don't know witch settings to change you shouldn't be fooling around with used supplies anyways)

on the 3350, if you have a complete donor machine you can swap all image units out and trade the counter chips on the mfp from the donor into target unit.(again if this is Greek to you, leave it alone.)
    Thanks, I will try your system next time I need to replace IU. Ha-ha not Greek to me. Been a tech for 40+ years, mostly Kon/Min. Not much exp with the small models.
    Don't think I would ever want to mess with HV settings. Before that extreme you bite the bullet and buy new IU!

Might try chips from a different supplier.

Surprised this small model IU's would be so much trouble because no problem swapping around consumables with most of the bigger Kon/Min models.
    Last edited by copyman; 11-24-2021 at 01:30 PM.

C3350 swapping IU's ???

Surprised this small model IU's would be so much trouble because no problem swapping around consumables with most of the bigger Kon/Min models.
    Cause they are rebadged and not made by KonicaMinolta.
    Anything other than the A3 size machines is weak and often problematic.....

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

C3350 swapping IU's ???

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Cause they are rebadged and not made by KonicaMinolta.
    Anything other than the A3 size machines is weak and often problematic.....

Hans
    I know the small B&W models are made by other OEM's like the Biz 25e is a Muratec & 4750 is Lexmark but are you sure the small color machines aren't made by Konica Minolta or who ever makes their color models (NEC?)? The C3350 etc look just like a mini version of the "4" series and another reason I thought it was Kon/Min made .