Looking for some clarification on Function levels on Bizhub Firmware levels.

Firmware levels are titled with function levels in most cases, example " Subject: <Mass Production> [biz hub C4050i Series] [FW ver. G00-K8] Function Version 2.2 "

PDF for this firmware lists different functions levels, I looked through the PDF and no mention it specifies a particular function to use with this version.

Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Looking for some clarification on Function levels on Bizhub Firmware levels.

See under: Addition of function/ Change of specifications
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Re: Looking for some clarification on Function levels on Bizhub Firmware levels.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    See under: Addition of function/ Change of specifications
    Thanks for the response,

So if the functions and changes listed in the PDF does not apply to your particular situation and your just looking to update Firmware to a newer level do you have to change the function level on the machine to what's titled on the firmware version?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Basically it depends. I mean it's not mandatory but you may experience at some point unexpected and unusual problems if function version doesn't match firmware level very rare though. I never left them unmatched but that's my understanding.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FixitYo View Post
    Thanks for the response,

So if the functions and changes listed in the PDF does not apply to your particular situation and your just looking to update Firmware to a newer level do you have to change the function level on the machine to what's titled on the firmware version?
    I've never messed with the function level. Just installed the latest F/W or special F/W for a specific issue.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I've never messed with the function level. Just installed the latest F/W or special F/W for a specific issue.
    On the 4e series, a firmware change from function level 6 to function level 7 meant no more printing. That's when I learned about SW 25. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Basically it depends. I mean it's not mandatory but you may experience at some point unexpected and unusual problems if function version doesn't match firmware level very rare though. I never left them unmatched but that's my understanding.
    True, i had the same expirience. Very special problems in rare cases... (special behavior in ADF orientation, duplex , white sites) that's why i use the specific function level. But if you update the function level never leafe the customer without printing! Big mistake... ...
    Sometimes new drivers are needed to print. Or you go the fast way and uncheck the auto comunication checkbox, but it's not recommand.

By the way, someone had a solution for K8 hex 30 f.l. 2.2 with airprint 2.1?
    The new License code does not work on my machines.

◆Cause
    Specification(Not a bug)

FW G00-K8 with function version2.2 supports AirPrint v2.1 .
    But, as of 1st October 2021, KMI has not got the certificate from Apple.

Update on 19th October 2021
    KMI has got the certificate.

[Workaround] Yes
    Set function version to 2.1(DipSW25-Hex20)
    AirPrint version will be 1.8 and it will be available because of KMI has got a certificate for AirPrint1.8

Solution

Because KMI has got the certificate for AirPrint2.1, we has issued the activation code below to use AirPrint2.1
    ID: RFKM_BT2117714EN

For me it sounds that should work now with K8 Hex 30.
    Has anyone successfully tested the license?

bizhub C450i/C360i/C300i/C250i
    TRH6K2MTXTXXCMDPJ8KMRQWQMQXPX3M3