Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: C454e print rubbish

I have seen this happen before and my guess is that something on their network is sending rubish to the printer IP. Change the printer IP adress (and offcourse also change for each user on their PC or on printserver).

wow my question is who kept filling the paper trays and off loading the finisher with rubbish being printed

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C454e print rubbish

So far customer said only happen once, and I checked the emulation is already set to "Auto". My best guess is a corrupted files.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    wow my question is who kept filling the paper trays and off loading the finisher with rubbish being printed
    This usually can happen when lots of humans work in a office

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cayyell View Post
    So far customer said only happen once, and I checked the emulation is already set to "Auto". My best guess is a corrupted files.

This usually can happen when lots of humans work in a office
    humans.... quantity might make it worse but is basicly irrelevant

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cayyell View Post
    I have a C454e suddenly printed 1400+ pages of rubbish/code, usually i would suspect culprit of one of the PC, but in the job log shows no User Name n filename is Printer. By the way, account track is turn on this machine.

My question is there any possibility that the printer will print rubbish/code by itself?

Attachment 50907
    As long as the account track has block jobs with an unknown ID enabled, I've never seen a job print. Even LPR commands from a command line.

IIRC internal reports for fax or email have blank user names and print for file names. Does this have a fax? It may be reaching but corrupt firmware /HDD + some internal report?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C454e print rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    As long as the account track has block jobs with an unknown ID enabled, I've never seen a job print. Even LPR commands from a command line.

IIRC internal reports for fax or email have blank user names and print for file names. Does this have a fax? It may be reaching but corrupt firmware /HDD + some internal report?
    lets assume the unknown ID blocked, what are the odds that the corrupted print job still send thru but shows NONAME? (block ID will have to go back and check again, cant really remember what I have set. But I think I didn't turn that on.)

Fax also cant remember, I can confirm even if the Fax module is installed will go and disable it if it was installed. phone line is not plugin. because not using it. I was afraid the on the part internal report. But kind of report could it be?